Is there a difference between e-Matrix and Infini?

Yes

eMatrix does not penetrate the skin. This treatment is called sublative as it removes only the upper layer of the skin, and the energy levels (even at 100 mj per pin), will reach only 1-2 mm at the very most. It is effective for early scars. Because the upper layers of the skin are treated with non insulated needles, recovery following a high pass eMatrix can take 4-5 days. 

Now INFINI is what I call a 4th generation machine. This is also RF, but uses needles that are insulated- and depths can be controlled from 0.25 to 3.5 mm. Energy levels as well as pulse duration can also be controlled.
Given the insulation of the needles, there is very little 'collateral' heating of the upper layers of the skin- hence the quick recovery times. 

Both are radio frequency devices, and work by controlled heating of the dermal layers - hence their role in scar remodelling, skin tightening and rejuvenation. I use 3 forms of RF in my practice-eMatrix, ePrime, and INFINI, and they all have their clinical applications. 

Dr Davin Lim 
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist

Brisbane Dermatologist

There is a difference between with eMatrix and Infini

Thanks for your question – and know that there is a difference here. eMatrix is a device we call sublative
rejuvenation – it is bipolar fractional radiofrequency (RF). It works by causing minimal epidermal injury
and dermal injury that can be adjusted based on what you are wanting treated. It works really well on
wrinkles and acne scars. The Infini is in the RF microneedling family and these are also very good devices
to treat wrinkles and acne scars. The needles penetrate into the dermis and in the case of the Infini the RF
energy is at the tip, where the needles are placed. I like both of these technologies a lot and to me it is the
provider that will make the difference – make sure you are consulting with a board-certified
dermatologist or plastic surgeon to determine which choice is best for you.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Differences between e Matrix and Infini

eMatrix does not penetrate the skin but rests on it. The pins heat up the surface of the skin, causing a thermal injury, in a fractional manner. This is called subablative. The Infini has insulated needles that penetrate the skin at variable depths, depending on the area treated and the results desired. 
The other differences are:
  1. Infini doesn't affect the surface tissue so there is less downtime and less risk
  2. Infini can go deeper
  3. Infini can treat the deeper problems better like jawline and submental area
  4. eMatrix is closer to a laser, and is mainly for superficial problems
  5. Both treat acne scarring well.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Best use for Ematrix

Ematrix uses bipolar fractional RF to help improve acne scars and stimulate collagen production in the skin. In our office, we use it primarily for atrophic acne scars and to tighten collagen-poor skin. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Infini Silk versus medical grade eMatrix - different systems that treat different problems

eMatrix is a great device for treating acne scars. However, it is best to wait 6 months at least after completing treatment with Accutane.

eMatrix uses Sublative RF, i.e. fractionated bi-polar radio frequency technology – to place the heat energy effectively into the dermis where it can produce its efficacy with minimal epidermal disruption. The epidermis is the most superficial layer of the skin.

Infini Silk Pro is a home IPL system for hair removal.