Brisk walking after bodytite liposuction.

hi can moderate excercise like brisk walking prolong the swollen party of the body one week after liposuction?

Post Liposuction Irregularities, Swelling -- Try Massage, Exilis Ultra/Cellutone or Venus Legacy With Your Compression

I tell my patients to avoid strenuous exercise for 3-6 weeks after liposuction.  Walking is okay 24 hours after the procedure.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring

I appreciate your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Post Liposuction

Congrats on your surgery, hope it went well! Yes, you may increase and prolong swelling if you exercise/walk to quickly post surgery. I would advise following the instructions of your physician and start when he/she tells you its ok and safe to do so. Regards, 

Liposuction - is brisk walking ok?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • Yes, brisk walking can increase swelling early after any surgery.
  • I suggest you discuss your exercise with your surgeon to see what seems safe and reasonable for you.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Thank you for sharing your question.  Any physical activity that increases your heart rate and blood pressure will have a tendency of causing increased swelling to areas of the body that just underwent a surgical procedure.  It would be best to clear any activity with your surgeon to ensure you are safe to do so and not risk any additional bleeding or bruising while also discussing the need for compression garment use to minimize swelling.  Hope this helps.