What is body tite and micro air liposuction?

I leave abroad and was recommended to go to a surgeon who performs body tite and micro air liposuction , what is this ? I've read a couple things about body tite but not Micro air , is this a safe method? Will it give me good results? How much downtime does it require?

BodyTite - MicroAir - Liposuction

thank you for posting the question. BodyTite is a liposuction method that works additionally with radiofrequency. The manufacturers claim that the  radiofrequency alters the collagen in your skin leading to  "tightening" of the skin.  MicroAir is a brand for a power assisted liposuction device. This device has no influence onto your skin. The hand piece and the cannula are power-assisted, making it largely easier on the surgeon in large liposuction cases. Although all the different liposuction techniques / devices have their pro's and con's, it is more important to consult with somebody who will explain you the different options you may have to achieve your goals, and who will discuss with you during an in person-consultation which surgical technique will suit you best. Not everybody is a good candidate for BodyTite or SmartLipo. And sometimes promises are made by Media, manufactures, physicians that can not be hold by using these devices. 

I hope this helped.

Best wishes

Frankfurt Plastic Surgeon

It's the surgeon not the device

The best advice I can give you is to get opinions from experienced body contouring surgeons and to resist marketing hype! You can get a good result with a wide variety of devices but it is the surgeon who counts most. Hope this helps,good luck!

Marcel Daniels, MD
Long Beach Plastic Surgeon

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD