Are there any safe permanent fillers for Buttocks Augmentation?

That's a wonderful question that falls at the root of many patients who come to see me with a desire for a very large buttocks, or just a perkier buttocks but have no fat and are not ready for implants. And, of course to last forever! All of the fillers that are legally on the market today fall short in achieving this.

The fillers on the market are temporary, low volume, and extremely expensive in achieving even a modest result for a short period of time.  The cost prohibitive nature of the current fillers can ballpark $250,000 - $500,000 when compared with the volume impact we can achieve with fat, implants or both!  Cost aside, the infection or death risk, poor satisfaction, and misinformation make this a very poor choice. I hope this sheds some light on what is a very common request.

My patients generally seek to have a perky or curvaceous butt that is shapely, whether they are full-figured and voluptuous or shredded fitness types, and everything in the middle.  If you were gifted with a flat or shapeless butt or acquired it over the years, consider a consultation with a plastic surgeon who does all 3 major types of enhancements to understand all your options.

It’s important to understand that the terms relating to buttock enhancement are not as important as what your specifically tailored plan entails. Often the words Buttock Augmentation, Butt Lift, Brazilian Butt Lift, Buttock Fat Grafting, Buttock Reshaping and so on are used interchangeably.  Get a consultation so that you can best understand what will help you achieve a sexier you.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Safe permanent fillers for buttock augmentation.

Thank you for asking about your buttock filler injections.

• Legal fillers cost $600 - $900 for a 1 cc a syringe  - and last 9 -24 months.
  • If you have $150,000 to spend - legal fillers can be used.
  • The illegal fillers are unsafe - they look great at first but soon cause hardening of the buttocks because of inflammation. They cannot be removed and are horrible to live with. Don't do them.
  • Otherwise fat injections (for somewhat unpredictable results) or solid silicone implants into the buttock muscle are the best ways to enlarge the buttocks

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Buttock augmentation

I consult with patients every day regarding revisions on previous buttock injections.  The injections can be done illegally in the US or in another country.  These injections can be dangerous.  Putting the aesthetics aside, its dangerous to your health.  These injections often cause hyperpigmentation and lumpiness.  The problem is that its extremely difficult to remove the substance since its a liquid.  Its like removing the butter from a cake after its already baked.  Infections can often occur post injection.  Its a bad idea.

Buttock augmentation

Safe permanent fillers for butt augmentation?

I have unfortunately had many patients come to me after having their high hopes for buttock augmentation crushed by measly Sculptra results. Critical points of awareness are: 1) Sculptra is temporary, it will last 1.5 - 2 years at most, 2) if done correctly dermal fillers like Sculptra are cost prohibitive for 99% of potential buttock augmentation patients. In order to create a significant/noticeable result with a dermal filler, at least 200 mls of product must be injected into each buttock cheek for a total of 400 mls. At $1000 per ml, this equates to a minimum price of $400,000.00. Thus if your doctor is recommending to put in ONLY 20 or 40 mls of sculpture you will pay $20,000-$40,000 and get an insignificant miniscule result!, 3) Do not let anybody tell you that the product is so special that it's going to magically grow over the following months or years...this just doesnt happen to any noticeable degree!, 4) dermal fillers, when injected in large quantities, have a relatively high infection rate, guaranteed tendency to migrate away from the original area they were injected into, and almost always stimulate a lot of inflammation with a subsequent and disastrous amount of scar tissue/hardening, and 5) the one very serious complication that can rarely (< 1%) happen is "embolism" in which some of the filler gets into the blood stream and travels up into the lungs, heart, and/or brain causing serious problems, including death. 

Hope I at least saved you some money and maybe even your life. 

Fillers for buttocks

The only permanent filler I know of is fat.  Normally, in my experience, about 60-70% of the fat takes and then becomes permanent.

Fillers for buttocks

Butt Filler

There is currently no filler that is permanent for the buttocks. What you should consider is either a silicone implant or fat grafting. Please see link below for examples.

Butt Filler

Permanent Filler for Butt Augmentation

Thank you for posting your question. There are really no safe permanent fillers on the market today. There are doctors out there who could tell you Silicone is an option, but I would strongly urge you to avoid this. At this time, the safest solution for enhancing your buttocks would be with fat transfer. This is a very predictable procedure which can provide great results with low risks. 

Permanent Filler for Butt Augmentation