I had septoplasty 8 days ago.

I was doing quite fine but since yesterday i m experiencing pressure in my cheeks straight to my ear on the side of the procedure. Is this normal? Hearing is not effected. Breathing is not normal yet.

Pressure in nose after septoplasty

This sounds like you have an obstruction in the Eustachian tube.  This may be from inflammation and swelling after surgery.  To some extent this may be normal, however, you should visit your surgeon since they know exactly what was done.  Best of luck, Dr. Michael Omidi

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice. The response to the question does not constitute a doctor patient relationship or formal advice.

Pressure and Nasal Obstruction After Septoplasty

Dear trbs7979~

After septoplasty, the inside of the nose is swollen and contains dried blood and crusts.  It is normal to feel some pressure from the blockage, particularly if stents were placed inside the nose.  It is also normal for the breathing to feel worse initially while the tissue heals.  Your surgeon knows the most about your specific procedure and is the best person to help you with your post-operative questions.

Best wishes for your recovery!

Sincerely,
Amy Hsu

Amy K Hsu, MD