How I can remove the scars on my forehead due to bad FUE and FUT? (Photo)

Is it possible to remove them using dermabrasion? CO2 laser? 

Dermabrasion

Dermabrasion is a technique that uses a wire brush or a diamond wheel with rough edges (called a burr or fraise) to remove the upper layers of the skin. The brush or burr rotates rapidly, taking off and leveling the top layers of the skin. This process injures or wounds the skin and causes it to bleed. As the wound heals, new skin grows to replace the damaged skin that was removed during dermabrasion.

The face is the most common site for treatment, but other areas of the skin can be treated this way. It is used most often to improve the appearance of acne scars and fine lines around the mouth. It also may be used to treat an enlarged nose caused by rosacea, an inflammatory skin condition.

How it is done

The areas to be treated are cleaned and marked. A local anesthetic used to numb the skin before treatment, and ice packs are applied to the skin for up to 30 minutes. A freezing (cryogenic) spray may sometimes be used to harden the skin for deeper abrasions if the anesthetic and ice packs do not make the skin firm enough. For deep abrasions, or if the entire face is going to be treated, you may need stronger anesthesia, pain killers, sedation, or general anesthesia.

One small area at a time is treated. The freezing spray (if needed) is applied for a few seconds and then the rotating burr or brush is used to take off the top layers of skin. Gauze is used to stop any bleeding, and the area is covered with a clean dressing or ointment.

Dermabrasion is almost always done in your doctor’s office or on an outpatient basis.

Red Bank Dentist

Treatment of forehead and scalp scars with lasers

I would not risk further scarring with dermabrasion, but have achieved great longterm results with fractional lasers and resurfacing. Best, Dr. KaramanoukianLos Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Dermabrasion

Thank you for your question. Dermabrasion is an excellent option for addressing scars from FUE and FUT. Dermabrasion is engineered to correct any skin irregularities and improve scars. I suggest that you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fractional Microneedle Resurfacing (aka Medical Microneedling) Works Well For Improving Skin Tone & Texture

Unfortunately, there is currently no way to completely eliminate any types of fully matured (more than three months old) scars. Happily, however, we can often improve their appearance or camouflage them significantly.

Traditional automatic dermabrasion or manual dermasanding are both useful for smoothing textural irregularities and superficial scars. However, both techniques engender significant post-treatment healing downtime. I have personally found a series of two to four medical microneedling treatments spaced at six week intervals to be particularly useful for blending skin tone and texture problems with little or no downtime and little to no post-treatment discomfort. 

I would suggest consultation with a board certified aesthetic physician with skill and experience in all forms of scar treatments. 

Nelson Lee Novick, MD