6 days post-op breast augmentation & I hate them, they are WAY too big for me? - 5"1, 105 lbs (Photos)

I understand that I am only 6 days post surgery but these breasts are WAY too big for my tiny body. They are far apart, under my armpits. I look like a porn star. I want them out. My surgeon didn't let me pick my cc. I ended up with 275 with added fill on one side to 330. I understand that they need to 'drop' and fluff but please tell me if I can hope for them to significantly go down in size? I am so upset, depressed and it's affecting my marriage already due to my insecurity. Please Help!

6 days post-op breast augmentation & I hate them, they are WAY too big for me?

You are going to see the difference just after the procedure. However it is necessary to wait for some time in order to see the final result. After the breast augmentation operation the recovery period depends on your physical status, age, general health and condition mainly. The operation itself does not take too long therefore you receive a mild anesthesia. Since the anesthesia that you receive is mild; you will not have problems associated with anesthetic agents after the operation. This is especially important and can be achieved with only a team of plastic surgeons like we have. After the operation you will be advised to wear a corset in order to reduce the edema. You can start to do your daily activities just after the operations but we do not advise you heavy lifting, running or activities that require excess physical activity. The more you rest, the faster your recovery will be.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

1 week post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Implants too large

Thank you for your question. You are in the very early phase of healing with implants sitting high and swelling, which is normal at this stage. They continue to change in the coming few weeks  and implants descent and look smaller. Please give some time follow instructions from your PS and reevaluate in 3-4 months. 

Post -op

Thank you for photos, and remember that it is very early in the recovery phase with post op swelling likely contributing to some enlargement. Over time (4-6months) your breasts with soften and the implants will settle into position so be patient stay in touch with your plastic surgeon.Benjamin J. Cousins MDBoard Certified Plastic Surgeon 

Benjamin J. Cousins, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants are too large

thank you for your question. As many doctors have said here, it is still early to see the final results. The implants will settle lower. The actual volume will not change much however.

Neil T. Chen, MD
Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon

Just remember that you are very early in your healing process and it can take a good 4-6 months for you to see your final shape. As the swelling resolves, your breasts will soften and the implants will settle. They will appear more natural so just give your body adequate time to heal. Good luck!

Breast Augmentation Post-Op

Thank you for your photo, it is a pleasure to answer your question. At 6 days post op you are very early of your recovery from breast augmentation surgery. It can take anywhere from 4-6 months for your breasts to fully heal and drop/settle into their final position. I recommend patience and follow up closely with your surgeon. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Carlos Recio, MD
Cali Plastic Surgeon

Too large

You are very early in the healing phase and need to give yourself time for the swelling to subside, the tissues relax and the implants settle. Your doctor can show you exercises to help position the implants. Please be patient. Soon, you will probably love your new look.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Post-op sizing

Great Question! Yes, you will go down in size. Right now you have a lot of upper swelling which makes you feel and look bigger than you will be. It takes most patients a full three months to get final results. Give it time. Do not be depressed! You have to heal. Good luck!

Ed Breazeale, Jr., MD
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon