What size implant will get me to a full B/small C ish? (34-36B/32C) (photos)

I am 5'1 95-100 pounds. I am debating between 225 & 250 cc mentor mod+. Currently I believe I am a 34A. My bwd is 11-11.5.

Small is good!

In your case, you don't need a very large implant.  I think you will get a very nice result with either of those implants (the difference in only about 2 tablespoons).  Depending on where you buy your bras, you will likely be told that you are a D or DD -- but that's not true.  Good luck!

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Saline or silicone

A moderate plus silicone is fine in 250 to 275cc under the muscle. Need to make sure the base width is wide enough. I think you are on the right track! Good Luck!

Gregory T. Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Remember that there is no direct correlation between cc's and cup size. It's hard to determine your best implant size without specific breast measurements and an in person exam. Remember to choose a board certified plastic surgeon who actually takes the time to measure you and examine your breast pocket. The goal of breast augmentation is to optimally fill your breast pocket, not to overstuff or understuff it. At my practice, we utilize a series of 5 breast measurements that help me determine the implant size, which in turn helps me deliver a 24 hour recovery. Do your research and choose a surgeon who takes the time to sit down with you and discuss your goals/expectations to determine the best size for you. Remember that sizers will only give you a rough estimate. Good luck!!

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. It depends on your chest wall measurements and existing breast tissue as implant size does not accurately correlate to a bra size.  It also depends on the brand and style of bra you wear as size varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Implant size

For your size breast and chest, a 200 to 250 cc implant will give you a full B cup or small C cup. The computer generated images help, but I think a sizing system works out a little better as you can see what the implants look like on your body. Remember,  the difference between a 225 and 250 is really quite small, so don't get hung up on numbers. It's more important to have a surgeon the understands your desires and goals to get the best results. Good luck, Ian Lytle, MD

Ian Lytle, MD
Dearborn Plastic Surgeon

What size implant will get me to a full B/small C ish?

Thank you for the question. Based on your photographs, I think that you are starting at a good place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery.  
Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.   Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work. 2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “very natural” or "full B, small C cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice. 3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.
 I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery for petite patients) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with. 

What size implants

While in my opinion it usually takes more than the low 200 mL implant to go from in a cup to a C cup, the exact size of  bras are so variable that no exact number can be given. Having said that, there's almost no difference of 25 mL between two different breast implants. I think using the Vectra imaging you're on the right track to find the implant size that looks best on you. Good luck with your surgery.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS