Lupus & Coolsculpting: What are the risks?

I have Lupus, which does not affect my skin just joints & fatigue, are there any additional risks for me if I want to have Coolsculpting?

Lupus and Coolsculpting

There are no known contraindications to having lupus and coolsculpting if there is no side effects that are sysytemic or skin from your lupus. I would always get medical clearance from your internist before having the coolsculpting procedure.  It is a great non-invasive procedure and you will be glad like my patients with the results.

Lupus and CoolSculpting

I am not aware of any reason why you could not have CoolSculpting done if you have Lupus.  The CoolSculpting procedure will only affect the fat (and temporarily the skin), but it will not affect the joints or cause fatigue.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon