Thermage prior to rhinoplasty?

I plan to have a corrective rhinoplasty (the nose will not need to be broken). Would it be a problem if I have a Thermage treatment about a week and a half prior to the surgery? I've had them before, and don't recall much swelling. ?? Also, how long after Thermage should I wait to do fillers like, say, Voluma?

Thermage and Procedures

Thermage is an excellent way to have a non-surgical facelift.  You can have surgery or fillers a few days later. Best, Dr. Green

Thermage and rhinoplasty

there is no reason why you couldnt have thermage on the same day.  there is no downtime with thermage. Fillers are done at the same time as thermage.  I do all my thermage treatments with scuptra to enhance the results.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Thermage and Voluma

Thermage is typically not performed near the nose, so you could have the treatment 10 days prior to the surgery.  It would be best to check with your surgeon.  One can have Voluma right after Thermage but not if you are having surgery.  I would wait until after the surgery and all of your swelling has subsided.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist