Still sunken eye after delayed orbital floor fracture surgery. Will it improve in time? (photos)

10 days ago I had a surgery to correct double vision and enophthalmos (3mm) from an orbital floor and medial wall fracture I had 4 months ago. 10 days after I cannot see any change in my appearance or double vision. My eye looks smaller than before and still sunken, my eyeballs are uneven (affected eye looks higher in and it almost resembles a lazy eye). It will improve with time? It is because I'm swollen? Its related to the fact it was a delayed surgery? I'm very worried it will not improve

Exophtalmous following surgery

Exophthalmous following orbital floor fracture is not uncommon and caused by the orbital volume reduced following placement of orbital plate or from scarring/welling that has filled out your orbital volume. You should be patient and give at least one to three months for the swelling to go away.

Sunken eye from orbital fracture

At this time, it is best to let the eye heal for 3 months before evaluating the outcome. See following link for more details.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon