I have ptosis in my left eye from Dysport. Since iopodine has been discontinued, what other options do I have?

Eyelid Drooping after Dysport

The eyelid drooping will start to improve on its own in 4-6 weeks.  Alphagan P or generic brimonidine can be prescribed to help lift the eyelids 1-2 mm.  This may be enough to make you feel better.  These drops are by prescription by your provider.

Westborough Ophthalmologist

Droopy eyelids following Dysport

Thank you for sharing your question. Apraclinidine can treat the drooping eyelid following Dysport or Botox injections. The pressure should be evaluated in your eyes if you are using this medication. There is no other treatment; however, the ptosis (drooping) will fully resolve in 4 months. I hope this helps.
Good luck,

Dysport and Results -- Ptosis, Will Take 3 Months To Resolve

Eyelid drooping can happen with botox/dysport/xeomin and I suggest you speak to your treating physician for treatment. This will resolve on its own in 3 months.  Eye drops are on the market and can be prescribed.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Apraclonidine ophthalmic solution is available.

I recently published a paper on persistent ptosis after periocular botulinum toxin.  What we found it that the botulinum toxin needs to wear off enough for the iopodine can work.  Response to iopodine predicted that the ptosis would wear off in 4 to 6 weeks.  If you are not responding to Iopodine, this predicted that the ptosis could persist for longer than this.  In most cases, these longer periods were 3 to 4 months but one patient had persistent ptosis for 12 months.  Have you actually seen a physician regarding a prescription for Apraclonidine the generic for Iopodine?  Naphazoline, the active ingredient in Visine has a similar effect.  Consider getting an appropriate assessment of your ptosis.