Does fat freeze really work?

does it really work? the doctors that don't offer it (they say they have better techniques) say it doesn't work and the ones that do say it's the best. is it suitable for someone who has very little fat to loose? Also, how do you choose the best doctor? I have seen few and I always feel I am being sold the technique they have not the best for me.

Freeze your fat

Yes, coolsculpting works great. It has been such a wonderful procedure to offer patients since it is safe with no downtime and excellent results!  There are other great comments already listed. 

Southlake Dermatologic Surgeon

Fat freezing - the concept and the reality

Every physician is entitled to opinion - and you are right, sometimes they will only speak well of what they have in their office.

But the FDA won't approve a device unless it is proven to do what it says it will do. CoolSculpting is FDA approved and it does work. But it won't work if it's used for the wrong reason. 

The right reason: You have a few fat bulges that have been resistant to exercise and diet.
The wrong reason: You are overweight, want to lose weight and you don't want to diet or exercise.

CoolSculpting is not surgery so it can't be directly compared to liposuction. Remember, this is a completely noninvasive treatment and the applicators only cover a certain area. But for helping trim down small fat pockets, it's a simple and effective process.

Your treating provider (this could be a doctor, nurse or PA) can tell you if you are a good candidate...and you need to have that "inch to pinch" to even consider it. 

As to how you choose - a good recommendation is to pick a practice that is supported by a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Both will have ample education and training working with the skin and body tissues. 

Rebecca Fitzgerald, MD

Coolsculpting works.

Coolsculting works great on the right patient. It is FDA approved for flanks and abdomen.  We have been using it for the past 4 years and we had great results. Please consult with a board certified dermatologist to see if you are a good condidate for it.

Fat reduction with Coolsculpting

CoolSculpting is a great, FDA-approved treatment for fat reduction of the abdomen and flanks. It can be used safely for off-label treatment of the upper arms, inner/outer thighs, bra-strap area and above the knees. The advance cooling technology selectively targets and eliminates fat cells gently and gradually without affecting the surrounding tissue.Patients in our office have seen an average fat reduction of 20-25% with one treatment. I recommend scheduling a consultation to determine if your an ideal candidate for CoolSculpting.

Andrew T. Lyos, MD, FACS

CoolSculpting vs liposuction

Coolsculpting really does work. Liposuction does work more predictably in the right hands.  However, in my practice, we have two CoolSculpting systems and we are the top provider of Coolsculpting in our area. Our patients are very happy with the results. Coolsculpting is great for men or woe with little to no downtime for a surgical procedure. Coolsculpting is quite remarkable. In an office with two systems, bot love handles, arms, back fat etc. can be treated in just an hour with no downtime. 

Liposuction is ideal for peep with excess fat in multiple areas of the body, including areas like the chin that CoolSculpting cannot currently safely and effectively address.

When selecting a Coolsculpting provider, look for the most experienced office in your region. Also look for CoolSculpting complete. This protocol includes a vibrating plate to stimulate the lymphatic system and enhance results as the frozen fat relies on the lymphatic system to exit the body. 

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting freezes fat effectively

We were one of the first offices to offer CoolSculpting in Orange County, 4 years ago.  We have found it works great, for the right patient.  Patients that are too thin with just loose skin, or those that are too "round" do not do as well as patients who just have bulges.

Doctors who don't offer a procedure will usually say something doesn't work because they want to do surgery instead or have you try something else.  CoolSculpting is the most effective non-surgical procedure available for fat reduction.  In my office we find it especially useful for our many patients who do not want lipo-suction.  

If you research who is doing CoolSculpting, most of the top cosmetic physicians offer it.

We find it so successful we just bought a second machine to do "dual sculpting" (2 areas at the same time).

Lorrie Klein, MD
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon

Non-Surgical Treatment Results

There are multiple non-surgical treatments for fat reduction that are very effective. In my office I use both Coolsculpting and Liposonix. We are born with a certain number of fat cells; the cells that are desctructed by a Coolsculpting or Liposonix treatment are permanently removed by your body. That being said you can expand the size of your remaining fat cells if you do not maintain a healthy diet and exercise program. Coolsculpting destructs about 20% of the fat in the treated area; sometimes multiple treatments in the same area are necessary for the best results. Liposonix uses High Intensity Focused Ultrasound to destruct the fat; you can lose approximately 1 inch in 1 hour with 1 treatment. Either option is not going to yield immediate results as the body has to naturally remove the treated fat. This generally takes 8-12 weeks to be completed. Consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist to see which option is best for you.

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolsculpting really works.

The ideal candidate for coolsculpting is someone who maintains a steady weight and exercises regularly.   It does not reduce as much fat as liposuction, however it is noninvasive and very safe with no downtime.  20% reduction in the area treated is the expected result, some patients need to repeat the treatment to get further reduction.  

Heather Haley, MD
Mobile Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolScuplting Really Works

CoolSculpting is an excellent technique for the person that has a small amount of fat to lose. If you can pinch more than 2" it would be better to lose weight first or have liposuction done. Be sure to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon that offers both CoolSculpting and liposuction to determine which may be best for you. Ask to speak to a patient that has had the treatment done. Good luck!

Miguel Delgado, MD

Does fat freeze really work?

CoolSculpting (freezing fat) really does work.  It is ideal for treating people who are not overweight but have small areas of unwanted fat at the front or sides of the stomach.  Liposuction (surgical fat removal) also works very well, but it is an invasive procedure with recovery time, whereas CoolSculpting is not.  You might consider consulting with a doctor who does both CoolSculpting and liposuction so that you can get the pros and cons of both.