I understand that coolsculpting can not be done for someone on blood thinners?

I take aggenox and cannot go without it as I am at risk for stroke due to a blood thickening disorder. I have had surgeries and colonoscopies without problem. Can I not have this procedure?

Coolsculpting and Blood Thinners

Coolsculpting is a great procedure for reducing a fat bulge in a given area.  Blood thinners are not a contraindication for the procedure.  You may get much more bruised from the procedure if you are on blood thinners.  Since Coolsculpting is not an invasive procedure you should be able to tolerate it after a medical clearance from your dermatologist.

There is no contraindication for CoolSculpting on a patient taking blood thinners. Obviously you might bruise more then average but this will resolve over time.

Coolsculpting and Blood Thinners

It is still possible to do Coolsculpting on people who are taking blood thinners. As long as you accept the risk that there is an increased possibility of developing bruising after the procedure.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

CoolSculpting and blood thinners

It is possible to perform a CoolSculpting treatment on someone taking blood thinners, but it more likely that there could be some temporary bruising after the procedure.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon