My face is sagging after facial feminisation (jawbone reduction) and cheek implants removal. Cheek lift? Jaw implants? (Photo)
Doctor Answers 2
Sagging face after "feminization"!
Cheek lift? Jaw implants?
If you are not interested in using cheek and chin implants to shape and contour your face, dermal fillers can offer an alternative if properly placed by an experienced facial shaping expert. Dermal filler can also be used to bring out the mandibular angles.
If you have "jowls" this is sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a facelift, not Cheek Augmentation. I have performed many Cheek Augmentations over the past 30 years and the notion that Cheek Implants or dermal fillers to the cheeks will lift tissues is an urban myth. Filler to the cheeks or cheek implants will shape the cheeks but will not lift up the jowls. The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured (not merely folded or suspended with threads or sutures that will not last). The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.
My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:
- very small incisions
- minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery
- can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
- no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
- excess fat can be removed
- excess skin removed
- cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
- most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op