Why does my face change a lot when I smile? (photos)

I like my face when im serious but when i smile my cheeks look weird,the tip of my nose goes down and my teeth dont really show,have to force my smile until my lips get really tiny,also it looks like my nose touches my lip and its horrible. I look ugly and my smile looks very forced,what can i do? Is it a teeth problem or nose ?the difference of when im serious to when i smile is very huge.When im serious my nose is normal and pretty nd my lips a bit plump,then i smile and they completely change

Your smile

Thanks for sending your question. You have to consider several factors when you evaluate your smile. Your muscles certainly play a key role in controlling your lips and the posture and support of them help to control the amount of teeth shown when smiling.  Your facial features enhance when you smile and use your muscles, hence the change in smile. Please keep in mind that the teeth are the inner supper of the lips and the cheeks, therefore  they play an important role in support of your facial features. I do notice that when you show your teeth they don't appear to be symmertrical and appear to have some crowding. Perhaps if you consider to align your teeth in a more straight position, your smile can improve when the teeth are in a better supportive position. You would be surprised to learn how we improve facial features by simply aligning of the teeth!All the best,

Los Angeles Dentist

Facial Changes While Smiling

Hi,I definitely see what you're referring to. The problem is, the photos are static and someone needs to see what happens from when you have your "serious" look to your smile. The dynamics of your muscles need to be evaluated. Selective Botox can sometimes help. I will tell you what not to do and that's doing anything to your upper lip.