Is it possible to lower my double eyelid crease with a revision? (Photo)

Is it possible to lower my double eyelid crease? This would be my 4th procedure because the first time it was perfect but temporary suture. The 2nd time was incisional but the line didn't shape correctly and was disappearing on one eye. And the 3rd incisional was recent and no fat was removed (unlike the 1st and 2nd time) but the dr made the lines too high and not tapered. I was wondering if it's possible for my eyelids to be revised? It's been 7 months since my surgery so should be healed.

Lowering your crease will be difficult

Your missing some fat and your eyes are slightly forward. This makes it difficult to have your crease lowered. Your current creases fall in the normal range in size, so I would more likely leave it alone than to take heroic measures trying to lower them.

Lowering your crease

Morning jujifruit

It may be possible but your really want to wait to do anything else.  I perform A LOT of revision work from various parts of the globe and lowering a crease can be a little unpredictable.  You may be able to lower it and get a more tapered look but I can't tell without an in person consultation.  My general advice is to wait another 6 to 9 months if not longer before doing anything.  If you can live with it like this waiting a few more years is even better.  Many doctors will tell you this is an easy fix but I perform Asian eyelid surgery everyday and I can tell you that your specific request, history and goals make even a subtle change a little challenging.  Basically you need a revision incision technique to lower the crease using an anchoring technique.  

Remember this, the crease may change quite a bit for the better with more time.  So wait.

Best of luck

Chase Lay MD
Asian eyelid surgery specialist

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revisional Double Eyelids Surgery

Hello, Thank you for your inquiry.
When I examined your current photos, your main problem with upper eyelids is loosing fat. The height of your double eyelids fold is in normal range and it is well banlaced to your face. If you do not mind, I want to recommend fat grafting surgery on your upper eyelids to improve your sunken upper eyelids. For the record, if you definitely want to have revisional surgery, then you should keep checking your healing process and your surgery procedure should be approached carefully. If your previous surgery was operated with full incisional method, then the revisional surgery should be operated with the full incisional method.

Thank You
From. Dr.Jin-Sung Kim

Jin-Sung Kim, MD
South Korea Plastic Surgeon

Upper eyelid revision

Jujifruit783, after four surgeries, I think it's a good idea to wait for the scars to soften in your lids.  Revisional surgery is possible, but it usually requires a bit more excess upper eyelid skin.  With your lids any incision may lead to more scarring and skin shrinkage as it heals.  Whatever your decision make sure no more fat is removed since this can lead to a widening of the crease in asians.  Hope this helps.  Cheers

Hugo Higa, MD
Honolulu Oculoplastic Surgeon