Which chin filler - Radiesse, Sculptra or Voluma? Quantity?

Hi. For a chin augmentation are fillers enough to see some improvement? If so, which one is best? Radiesse, Sculptra or Voluma? And how many ml are needed on average? Thanks in advance

What is the best way to enhance my chin

My preference for the chin is Radiesse. This is a very nice, firm filler which provides a natural, volumized, and lifted appearance. This can create more projection of the chin which makes it look stronger. Voluma is a great filler however I prefer to use Voluma in the cheeks.

Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse for Chin Shaping

Hi LittleC.  We prefer Radiesse in this area.  Sculptra and Voluma are excellent  at providing volume in the cheeks, but because we look for a very "firm" product when shaping the chin, we prefer Radiesse.  

To see examples of before and after photos for Radiesse injections in Los Angeles, click the link below.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Voluma is longer lasting. Perlane and Juvederm Ultra plus are also good choices and easily reversible if you don't like it.

Voluma is a great choice because of it's lasting and lifting qualities.  Perlane and Juvederm UltraPlus are also great fillers that can easily be reversed if you want to change something after it has been injected.  In skilled hands any of these filler could achieve excellent results. 

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Which filler for the chin

my preference for the chin is Voluma, but I cannot say how much you need as patients have to decide. They can look at their chin in the mirror during the session and tell the surgeon when to stop.

Julio Garcia, MD

Injectable chin augmentation with Radiesse or Artefill

Injectable chin augmentation is a very gratifying procedure for most patients. I generally like using injectables that have the capability of raising the tissue is better than others. Radiesse and Artefill do this better than Sculptra and Voluma in this instance. I like using Sculptra for overall volume and Voluma for long-lasting cheek augmentation.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Which chin filler - Radiesse, Sculptra or Voluma?

I have been using Radiesse for chin augmentation for many years.  Typically, I use one syringe (1.5cc) to 
augment the chin.  Photos would have helped, but if you place your finger straight down from your lips, your chin should almost touch your finger.  If yours if far behind, the Radiesse will augment it.  Once a year to augment the chin is perfect timing.  Our price for a 1.5cc syringe is $900.  If you chin is very small or recessed, you may want to think about a chin implant.

Fillers for the chin.

Radiesse ($650/syringe) or voluma ($1000/syringe) both do great in the chin and usually need 2-3 syringes.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Chin Filler Options

There are many options for fillers in the chin.  Typically an in person consultation is needed to see  what type of contour, shape, and visibility you are looking for.  Radiesse gives more sharply defined boarders, Voluma more soft contours, and Sculptra more lifted long term results.  Often, I am using a combination of treatments or even fat grafting for a more permanent result.  It is best to see an expert when picking someone to treat this area.  Best, Dr. Emer. 

Chin augmentation with fillers

I prefer Radiesse for chin augmentation.  I find this filler lifts the tissue very well and is very good for chin definition.  I usually use just one 1.5mL syringe for this area although it depends upon the patient and the condition of their skin.   Any of the fillers you mentioned may be used successfully in the chin area in the hands of an experienced injector however.  Good luck.

Jason R. Lupton, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

I prefer Radiesse or Voluma. Most people require about two syringes if any significant augmentation is required. Even then the results are never as satisfying as a chin implant. However, this procedure is a good compromise for someone wanting to avoid surgery or "try on" the effects of an implant prior to surgery. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon