Why did my calf Implants not make any difference? (Photos)

I had my calf implants operation 5 days ago and am frustraited about how minimal difference it made. I got two implants on each leg (60CC with and 160 CC). They say the final result will be in a few months, but I just don't see how my installed implats will "inflate" or "grow" over the time. Please give me some hope.

Calf implants do change after surgery.

I agree with the other plastic surgeons, that you already do have significant improvement. You don't want your calves to be unnaturally large, and the size of the implant seems to be appropriate.The reason that the calf implants appear to get larger over time is that the implants are placed underneath the muscle fascia which is a very tough fibrous layer with not much give to it. Over a period of time the fascia will stretch and the implants will project more than they do immediately after surgery. This can take several months to complete the process.

Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Calf Implant

Your before and after pictures show significant improvement. Also the calf enhancement is very good and in harmony with your thighs size. If calves any bigger then they will look vey disproportionate.

Calf implants - why so little improvement?

Thank you for asking about your calf implants.

• I understand your frustration - but actually there is a visible, significant difference.
  • Your implants will not inflate or grow - but the definition will improve as swelling subsides.
  • Your legs are thin - and the size that can be used is limited by your leg size.
  • It is very common to be disappointed early after surgery -
  • Just give yourself time to recovery and appreciate the result.
  • Review your surgeon's photos with your surgeon to understand how much things have changed.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS