Fraxel Laser for hypopigmentation?

Hi, I've come across Fraxel treatment that have different terms like, Fraxel Dual Laser, Fraxel Restore Laser, Fraxel Fractional Laser, etc. My question is...are they all the exact same type of Fraxel laser? If not, which type of Fraxel is best to treat hypopigmentation? Thank you.

Fraxel Laser for hypopigmentation?

Thanks for your query. They are all different with different function, but they work best for acne scars and rejuvenation. For hypo pigmentation you should consider light therapy but it depends upon the amount of hypo pigmentation. Hope it helps.

All The Best

India Plastic Surgeon

Fraxel lasers -explained.

The video explains the different types of Fraxel lasers, the wavelengths and their indications. For Hypopigmentation, one can diminish sun damage and brown areas to make the white areas less pronounced. My Fraxel laser of choice of this would be the 1927 Fraxel, in combination with microneedling and latiesse. All the best, Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Great question. The Fraxel Dual is the latest iteration of the Fraxel laser and offers two wavelengths, 1550 nm and 1927 nm. Both wavelengths are used for nonablative rejuvenation with the 1550 nm wavelength treating deeper concerns such as wrinkles, scars and textural issues and the 1927 nm wavelength being used for superficial concerns such as hyperpigmentation. 

Fraxel Restore is a prior version of Fraxel which unlike Fraxel Dual only has the 1550 nm wavelength and not the 1927 nm wavelength.

Fraxel Repair is an fractional ablative CO2 laser, different from either Fraxel Dual or Restore. 

Fraxel Laser for hypopigmentation?

The different Fraxel® names you mention all resurface the skin, but to different depths and can be different brand names manufactured by different companies.

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Fraxel laser

The Fraxel DUAL is a non-ablative laser and has two wavelengths, the 1550 (which is also called the Fraxel Restore) and 1927.  The Fraxel Fractional laser is an ablative CO2 laser.  None of these lasers treat hypopigmentation. 

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist