What's the difference and which one is better; Fraxel DUAL or Halo laser?

Hello, What's the difference between Fraxel DUAL 1550/1927 laser treatment and halo laser 1470/2940 laser treatment and which one is better for the money invested and for people with darker skin? Thank you

HALO vs Fraxel

Both are excellent devices, the question is what are you wanting to achieve? Its not about the ROI or money invested, it is about the end result. For darker skin one can turn the epidermal component of the Halo down, as can the Fraxel (1927). I have used all wavelengths and they all serve a purpose. 

If I am treating acne scarring or rejuvenation in darker skin, I may not even go for a laser and use energy based  Micro needling devices combined with PRP. Video outlines the pros and cons of Fraxel, I also did a review on the HALO in my channel. All the best, Dr Davin Lim 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Fraxel Dual versus Halo

Both lasers are great devices and off excellent results for sun damaged skin, hyper pigmentation, and scarring. Both can be used on darker skin types. We have a Fraxel Dual device at our clinic in Miami and I see no reason for me to add the Halo because the Fraxel is able to accomplish what my patients need. Fraxel first came out in 2004 and so has over a decade of experience. Halo is a newer laser but this does not mean it is any less effective. It is just that a lot of doctors who offer the Fraxel device may not offer Halo because they may not want to add a redundant device.

I recommend you pick a doctor based on their in-person consultation, experience, reviews, and before and after photos. Hope this helps.

Fraxel DUAL 1550/1927 and Halo 1470/2940 Lasers for African-American skin

Fraxel DUAL 1550/1927 and Halo 1470/2940 lasers can both be used to treat African-American skin. Fraxel Re:Store is particularly good for this. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Laser Choice

Hi Vertico.  Both of these are fractional laser resurfacing devices.  At our practice, we prefer the 2940 wavelength for darker skin types and all skin types including African Americans can be treated with the Erbium laser.  Beyond that, you should really focus on what practice has the best reputation based on referrals, online reviews and before and after photos that are similar to yours.  To see fractional laser resurfacing photos for our Los Angeles laser patients, click on the link below. 

Harold J. Kaplan, MD