Having a Brazilian Butt Lift in 3 weeks. Will I still get good results?

For years I smoked cigarettes. I stopped 2weeks ago. My bbf surgery is in 3 weeks. My question is. Will i still get good results?

BBL

Hi. The nicotine in cigarettes is a vasoconstrictor which means lower blood oxygen levels to your entire body. Congrats! What a great start to your new look and improved wellnes.  Stay focused on being the best you can be.  A good cardiovacular program with walking just 30 minutes a day or a full blown work out regimen will help blood flow and overall health.  You will be off to a great start!  So excited for you.

Venice Plastic Surgeon

Smoking dos not only affect wound healing and uptake. BBL entails turning the patient on their side and/or stomach while having a tube down their throat. This may worsen and irritate your already irritated upper respiratory passages.
Four weeks should be a reasonable time stop smoking in preparation for surgery. A laboratory test is available to detect the level of nicotine in your body  

Maan Kattash, MD, FRCS, FACS

BBL

I appreciate your question.
Smoking does decrease the chance of some fat take due to years of damage to your body. 
Results should always be thought of as conservative and hopefully they will meet your expectations.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS