How long does the redness last after fraxel repair?

Is 3 weeks long enough to recover?

Fraxel Repair Healing Time

Fraxel Repair is an ablative Co2 laser, which means the laser will cause a wound. There is generally redness, oozing, swelling and scabbing immediately post Fraxel Co2. In my office I let my patients know that they can have major downtime for 5-10 days post Fraxel Repair.

After 1 week patients can generally go back to their regular skincare and makeup regimen, but there can be residual redness on the skin that can last 3-4 weeks.

It is important to consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist with plenty of experience using the Fraxel Repair to see if this treatment is appropriate for you.

Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Redness after Fraxel

For most patients the redness after Fraxel repair should be resolved in three weeks.  The redness also depends on the setting used and the nature of an individual's skin.  For the best results please find a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with Fraxel.