How Long Do Exilis Results Last?

After 4 treatments on my inner thigh, I'm seeing great results which I understand will be more visible in about 3 months, but is there any documentation as to how long these results will last? And does a person usually need "maintenance" treatments?

Longevity Of Exilis

While multiple sessions of Exilis treatments are needed to see full results, these results are long-lasting. Results vary for each patient; however, I recommend that my patients have maintenance treatments ever 12-18 months. Keep in mind, it’s also important incorporating a healthy lifestyle including good nutrition and exercise along with your Exilis treatment, for ultimate results.

Washington DC Dermatologic Surgeon

How Long Will Exilis Last?

Results are permanent as long as you do your part to keep your weight consistent. As with any procedure, fluctuation in eating habits and exercise can cause the effect of the treatment to be reversed. Maintenance treatments are recommended once every 12-18 months.

See the link below to find out more about Exilis treatments.

Steve Laverson, MD

How long do Exilis treatments last?

Exilis Ultra is an outstanding treatment for skin tightening that combines two of the best technologies available for this purpose: radiofrequency (as found in Thermage) and ultrasound (as featured in Ultherapy). That means you get the best of both worlds!

Those two forms of energy heat up the collagen in the skin causing it to contract leading to skin tightening in the treated area. They also stimulate collagen production which will lead to further tightening visible within 4-6 months so you get an immediate and long-term benefit. The most common areas I treat are the eyelids, lower face (for the jowls), neck, and abdomen but any body part can be treated, including private areas. It also works well for cellulite especially when combines with our Cellutone treatment.

As you already know, the treatment feels like a hot stone massage and is usually performed every other week for a total of four treatments. There is zero downtime and you can return to your regular activities immediately. There are no short term side effects other than the sensation of heat and there are no long term side effects other than tightening of the skin! No aftercare is necessary though I do recommend a combination of skin care products to further boost and support collagen production. There results aren't permanent; we are simply turning back the clock but the clock will keep ticking. After your series of four, I recommend maintenance treatments once or twice a year depending on your age, genetics, starting point, and lifestyle considerations.

Peterson Pierre, MD
Thousand Oaks Dermatologist

How long does Exilis last?

There are no definitive studies on the longevity of Exilis to my knowledge.

When we trained with our clinical specialist, we were told expect results to last one to two years.

However, if you achieve fat loss and circumferential reduction as desired, one would expect that these effects should be semi-permanent if you can continue to live a healthy lifestyle and maintain proper body weight.

If you revert to over-eating and discontinue regular exercise, you certainly could gain weight and add fat back to the existing fat cells in the treated areas; thus, reversing what your Exilis treatments already accomplished.

That being said, aging is a continual process and periodic maintenance treatments may still be recommended to combat the inevitable battle with the changes associated with aging.

Robert Strimling, MD

Exilis

There are no definite answer to this question of the duration for exilis.  The results vary based on the patient and the area treated.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS