How Long Are Breast Implants Covered Under Warranty for Leakage?

My breast augmentation was performed in 2007.Information gotten from the operative report indicate the brand of implant to be Inamed McGhan.I have recently had a sudden loss of fullness in the left breast with a deep burning sensation.I was wondering if there was in fact a warranty with this brand that might pay for a portion of replacent cost.

McGhan implants are covered by Allergan now

Your implants are still under warranty. Allergan bought McGhan several years ago and honors any warranty issues with McGhan implants. As long as you have your implant information (style, size, and serial numbers), it should be easy to have the implants and perhaps some of the surgical fees covered since it has been less than 10 years since your surgery.

Call your PS ASAP. Sounds like a deflation which "should" be covered under Allergans warranty/guarrantee. 

Breast implant warranty

I believe that each of the major three implant companies in the US (Allergan, Mentor, and Sientra) offer a lifetime warranty on their implants for mechanical disruption or rupture. They will replace the ruptured implant and the contralateral implant if you want. They will also assist in some of the cost of surgery, anesthesia, etc based on when you purchased the implant and whether or not you paid for their premium service. 

Wm. Todd Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

The company, formerly Inamed is now Allergan. There have been two tiers of warranties. The standard was for 5 years. A premium option was for 10 years, and required registration and a fee. The coverage for the standard is $1200, for the premium $2400. 

The implant itself will be replaced without a fee for lifetime. 

Your surgeon can help navigate. All the best. 

Deflation within 10 years is covered

but it doesn't provide you all the costs of replacing the implant... I hope you've seen your surgeon or picked a new one to help you through this process.  Consider changing to gels if you wish to avoid this experience again.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast implants carry a very good warranty.

The warranty on breast implants changes from time to time. Almost all patients who have implants from the major manufacturers have a 10 year warranty which covers all cost of replacement plus the prosthesis.

Warranty for saline filled implants

Allergan now owns this company and still covers the warranty.  For the first 10 years they will provide you with a new implant and pay surgical costs up to $1,200.  Your plastic surgeon will be able to help you through the process of getting the implant replaced.