Is clear leakage from nipple after breast augmentation normal?

It's been 3 days that my nipple has been leaking water. I am 1 month post op ( Saline implants). Every time I massage my breast it leaks alittle. I am very worried

Nipple Discharge

This could be related to stimulation of the milk glands, or serous fluid. If discharge is accompanied by redness/pain/swelling, that will be more of a concern. I recommend that you share your concerns with your Plastic Surgeon to rule out anything more serious.

All the best

Nipple Discharge

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

All the best

Draining Post Breast Augmentation

If you are experiencing severe redness, swelling, #drainage, #oozing or odor, it is important to call the office and speak with the doctor or medical staff. You may need to be seen in the office and evaluated. If the wound becomes separated or you develop a small opening, this again should be evaluated so that appropriate steps can be taken as soon as possible.
It may be best to see your surgeon for advice. But, if my patients have concerns that their #healing or pain are unusual, it is important for them to call the office and discuss these concerns or come in to be examined.

Draining Post Breast Augmentation

Nipple Discharge.

This is not too uncommon and represents fluid production by the glands. The act of massaging your breasts may even be stimulating its production. Since implant massage is unnecessary, you should stop. Soon your discharge will stop too.

Nipple Discharge.

Clear fluid after breast augmentation

Best would be to discuss with surgeon.  It may be milk, but usually is not clear and has whitish color to it.  If clear, maybe saline leak, but you will see decrease in size.  Maybe seroma or simply serous fluid, but generally too early.  .  There are many possibilities but they are generally benign and your surgeon should easily be able to guide you.

All my best,

Clear fluid after breast augmentation

All my best,

Nipple discharge

You can see clear or even milky nipple discharge after augmentation. It does resolve with time. The pressure from the implants stimulates the milk glands to produce fluid. As time passes and the tissues relax, the glands are no longer stimulated and the process stops. Nothing can substitute for a quick visit with your surgeon and make sure that this is the issue so it can ease your mind. Best wishes.

Nipple discharge

Milk

I agree with Dr Ciresi that it is undoubtedly milk and will stop but if concerned see your surgeon

Dr Corbin

Milk

Dr Corbin