How long after giving birth can I get thermage or a similar skin tightening therapy on my abdomen?

I have had my second and last baby no stretch mark just creepiness when I sit and mostly when I lean to one side hence I wanna have some improvement for the summer. I am also breastfeeding and I have ibs not sure if this issues are allowable for such procedure. At my ideal weight pretty much love my body just want to correct my creepiness (lost skin) 40 percent improvement is all I need to be satisfied.

Thermage for skin tightening on the abodmen

Thermage is an effective way to tighten the skin on the face, eyes, abdomen, buttocks.  It takes only one treatment to tighten the given area and improve its appearance.  The abdomen is an extremely popular area for patients who do not want surgery.  For the best results please consult a board certified dermatologist with great experience with Thermage.

Thermage for the tummy

Since you are at your ideal weight, Thermage skin tightening may give you the improvement in crepiness that you desire.  It takes 3 to 6 months to see the full benefit of the treatment.  Thermage can be uncomfortable so I recommend Tylenol or Advil just before the treatment which you may not want to take during pregnancy. 

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Thermage after childbirth

I do see positive results from the use of Thermage for skin tightening on the body. This is not a substitute for weight loss or fat reduction. It is important to carefully pick candidates for Thermage in order to optimize potential results and not waste your resources. I would recommend consultation with a board certified Dermatologist or plastic surgeon. 

Thermage after childbirth

Since you are still nursing, I strongly encourage you to wait and loss the baby weight before investigating any procedures. I do not find that Thermage of the abdomen produces anything more than extremely marginal results.  Save your money. Also if you are planning more children, put off any procedures on your abdomen until your family is complete.