How often should I have Thermage sessions?

My dermatologist recommended that I have 8-10 sessions, 1 per week? I presume this will be at a low setting and is to insure broken veins are kept to a minimum?

Thermage Treatments

Thermage results typically last two years, so we recommend our patients have a treatment every one to two years to maintain results.  However, performing treatments more often will only contribute to increased collagen formation and skin tightening.  Keep in mind, different providers perform different protocols.  For the face, our office has seen the best results using a Thermage tip with 1200 pulses.  This increases the energy delivered to the skin, resulting in increased collagen development.

Naples Plastic Surgeon

Differs between treatment areas

You did not mention what areas are being treated with the Thermage. Frequency of Thermage sessions can vary for specified treatment sites. Thermage is very effective for tightening areas of loose skin under the chin, jawline and on the abdomen.

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Thermage for Skin Tightening

Thermage is an excellent procedure for skin tightening in the face or other areas of the body.  Thermage is generally indicated once every two years although if you have the procedure performed more often, you will only produce more new collagen.  For the best results please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with Thermage.