Has teosyal tear troughs filler disappeared or dissolved after just 2 - 3 weeks, is this normal? (photos)

I had 1ml of teosyal, 0.5 under each eye to improve my tear trough hollows. The initial results were great but as the needle sites healed the filler seems to have disappeared only 2-3 weeks after treatment. My eyes now seem the same as before the treatment and the filler doesn't appear to have migrated elsewhere. I never massaged them as per instructions. Everywhere I've read it should last at least 6 months, what's going on?!? I also had no bruising just some swelling.

Under Eye Treatment

It is uncommon for any type of dermal filler to disappear in such a short period of time. It appears that maybe not enough product was used for your eyes,or your performing injector did not use Teosyal. I would recommend scheduling an appointment with the clinic you received the injections and go in for a followup appointment to have the area reevaluated. It is essential to go to a board certified physician for the injection of any type of fillers. 

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers For Tear Troughs, Under Eye Hollows, & Dark Circles Typically Last A Relatively Long Time

I have been injecting the tear troughs for over three decades, since the use, for this purpose, of the original Zyderm I collagen product. Most recently, I have been treating this region with Belotero Balance in my Upper East Side Manhattan office and Teosyal Redensity II in my Israel satellite facility (where a far greater number of regulatory agency approved filler products are available). Both of these two products are effective and are associated with little to no risk for engendering the development of the unwanted, bluish Tyndall Effect when they are injected superficially into the delicate tissues under the eyes. It has been my experience that, since the injected materials are subject to little mechanical (physical) pressure in the loose under eye skin, the desired results typically last for extended periods of time--an average of three years not being uncommon in my experience (and I have had patients exhibit benefits for as long as five years).So, the short answer to your question is that you should make certain that you are receiving treatment by a board certified aesthetic physician with particular expertise and experience in treating the delicate infraorbital region. And, before proceeding with anyone, be sure to ask to see his or her before and after photos.  Best of luck to you.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD