After breast aug.+mastopexy, do breast change much between 2 and 6months? Or after weight lost?

Hello Drs. I am a 25y.o. and, after getting rid of evil cancer, I've got a breast aug. (450cc.)+mastopexy as a gift from/for myself. I have to say, I couldn't be more happy with my results!.However,my Dr. told me I'll see the final results in between 6-12months. And considering my "new girls" are 6weeks old, how big of a change can I expect? Will they change a lot? And another thing: if I lose 5 or 6 kilos would I spoil them?. Sorry for the long note and thanks in advance for your replies!

Post surgical changes

You have a very nice result of your surgery.  During the first 6 months they should get softer, and the scars should mature from red to white in color.  By one year post op you shouod have your permanent result.  Enjoy.

Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

What to Expect as you Heal

Congratulations. You can expect significant softening and settling of the breasts between now and 6 months, meaning that they will look and feel more realistic by then. Your scars if treated carefully should fade and become much less visible by 1 year post op.  Losing fat can result in volume loss for the breasts in many women and if this happens to you, you may have less cushion to cover and hide the breast implants. Very thin women are often at a higher risk of seeing implant ripples through the skin and find that they can "feel" the implant.

I recommend that you discuss your concerns with your Plastic Surgeon and let them advise you about what to expect as you heal.

All the best

Breast changes after aug/pexy

Thanks for ur question! The amount of change after breast augmentation/mastopexy really varies from patient to patient. Hopefully after six weeks you are pretty much healed and settled; however, it's possible that you may still have a small (10-20%) amount of swelling & settling of the breast tissue to go. In my practice of doing over 1,000 combined augmentation/mastopexies, I usually don't get too much post op swelling. It sort of follows a sigmoid curve. Also, your breasts will continue to age over time, and you someday (5-20 years, whenever you feel like you are ready for it) may need a touch up of your mastopexy. This can usually be done in office under local anesthesia. Best of luck!

Robert P. Schmid, MD
Lubbock Plastic Surgeon