How Juvaderm Dissolve Quicker Naturally and How Long It Takes?

I am 34 and I have juvaderm injected in my checks half a syringe each 10 days ago but I don't like the look as the dr injected me in one side lower and in the other side higher ..in one side accentuated the line I have under my eye and make me look more tired .. I don't wanna use the enzyme to dissolve it as I believe will do more damage..how can it dissolve quicker without it? How long it's take juvaderm 4 to go away ? Thank you

Juvederm and longevity

Juvederm will last 6 months to a year. Ultra plus lasts about 9 months to a year and ultra lasts 6 months to a year.

Dissolving Juvederm

Hi,

• I suggest waiting a few more weeks to allow things to settle before making a decision about "reversing" the Juvederm.
  • Gentle massage to the area might be helpful in the meantime.
  • If used properly, the hyaluronidase injections to "dissolve" the Juvederm will not be harmful.
  • Juvederm will gradually go away over 6-12 months.

Thanks for your question.

Stephen M. Lazarus, MD
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

Dissolving Juvederm

Hi Krix.  You have two choices.  You can dissolve the product with hyaluronidase.  This will not do "more damage" as you suggested it will just get rid of the product.

Alternatively, you can wait 4-8 months for the product to go away on it's own. 

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

How to dissolve Juvederm

The only method to dissolve Juvederm is hyaluronidase, which is the enzyme you are referring to. If you don't want it, you could inject more Juvederm to even things out. But there's not a "natural" way to make it go away any faster. In the cheek region you should expect it to last about a year.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

How to dissolve Juvederm without enzyme (hyaluronidase)?

There is no method, of which I'm aware, to dissolve Juvederm other than with hyaluronidase injection.  In the cheek area, I would expect the Juvederm to last less than a year.  If you do not want to use the hyaluronidase, it's possible that a touch up could be done with more Juvederm to even things out.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm results

I would wait at least 2 weeks for any swelling or bruising to resolve before doing anything. In terms of dissolving without you using hyaluronidase is not possible.  It can take 6-12 months depending on the filler to resolve on its own.  Using hyaluronidase will not cause any other damage. The filler is still fairly fresh and you can see if it is still malleable enough of change positions using gentle massage. Any further questions I would follow up with your provider.

Michelle Ellern, DO
Livingston Physician

Juvederm Dissolve Time

Most of the juvederm should be gone by six months.  The hyaluronidase should not cause any damage and can be used very effectively if not satisified with placement.

How long does it take for Juvederm to dissolve?

Although Juvederm can last up to 1 year, the small amount you had injected

(.5 ML on each side) is not very much, so the effects will probably diminish in the next few months. You can massage the area you don't like and flatten it some.

If your doctor injected you unevenly you should go back to him for correction. Vitrase can be done very delicately with nice results, so don't be afraid if you really want the product gone.

Sam Naficy, MD, FACS

How long will Juvederm last?

Sorry to hear about your negative result following treatment. Juvederm lasts an average of 6-7 months. If performed properly by a skilled physician, injections of hyaluronidase will dissolve the Juvederm without any complications. I would recommend a follow up with the physician who performed your treatment to discuss your options with him or her. I hope this helps, and good luck!

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Juvederm injections

Dear Krixnoto,

• It will likely take about a year for the Juvederm to dissolve
  • It has been over 2 weeks now and if you are still unhappy, I would have it dissolved by the enzyme which is very safe and will only dissolve Juvederm

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD