Liposuction for Love Handles and Mid-section Fat Cost?

I would like to have Liposuction on just my love handles and a little on the mid-section. I was wondering about cost? I am 70 or 71 inches tall and weigh 94 kilos. I'm 67 years old and in good physical condition other than a bad lower back. Thank you.

Liposuction Cost Analysis

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

As you can see from all the answers, the cost varies depending on which country you live in, your specific requirement etc. 

Being a Cosmetic Surgeon, I can help you break this cost down so you have a better idea about what you should be paying for, so that you or anyone else reading this can make a better decision.

A systematic approach to analysis of cost of Liposuction or any surgical procedure for that matter, could evaluated based on the following criteria.

1. Surgeon Fee

This will depend on the experience and consistent results offered by the surgeon. If the surgeon is charging you more than the standard cost in your country / region then make sure his / her cost matches up to their skills and experience. A simple method of doing this is by going through all patient reviews and testimonials on all platforms including their website.

2. Hospital Infrastructure Cost

This point is pretty self explanatory. Smaller nursing homes are less equipped and will generally charge you less compared to an Exclusive Aesthetic Centre or a Multi Speciality Hospital. The cost difference is what you pay for all the infrastructure.

3. Special Instrument's Used

Some cosmetic surgery procedures require the use of special instruments. Needless to say, these procedures are priced higher to include the usage of the special instruments. If the tariff offered to you isn't adding up, ask to see if the procedure you opted for uses special instruments like lasers etc.

4. Duration of Procedure

Longer surgeries and procedures often tend to cost more than the shorter ones.

To Sum it up, here's what you should be asking yourself and your surgeon when analysing costs.

1. What is the quality of treatment I will be receiving?

2. Are there hidden costs? (Ask for a fully transparent pricing structure)

3. Are there costs for aftercare?

Coming to your main question, the cost in general is hard to pinpoint to a specific number without a consultation with a surgeon, as it differs greatly for different people.

Hope this helps.

Cost of lipo

It is best to see a board certified surgeon for a consultation so that the exact cost of your treatment can be determined. The price depends on the volume and location of the suctioned area, but typically ranges from $4,000 to $10,000. Best, Dr. Khorasani

Hooman Khorasani, MD

Manage your love handles and midsection

Liposuction of male "love handles" or the area above the hip/belt line is generally very successful because of the thickness of the overlying skin, which redrapes beautifully after the excess fat is suctioned. While some surgeons will do this in the lateral position (lying on the side), I generally prefer to have the patient prone (face down) and then convert to supine (face up), in order to "finish" the front part. The midsection can be described as being above or below the belly button. The surgeon's fee for bilateral love handles and abdomen ranges from $2500-3500, however there are additional costs for anesthesia and the facility. The ASPS recommends that no more than 5liters are removed in a single session and this would probably be in excess of the areas you are targeting.

It is vital for you to disclose all medical conditions you may have in order to ensure a safe passage through your surgery. If you take pain killers such as Advil, Naproxen, etc. for your back, let your surgeon know, so that you can avoid them for 7-10 days preop, in order to avoid excessive bruising. Also be realistic about the fat that can be shifted on your abdomen: If you can pinch more than an inch over your belly, then your physician can address it. Many men hold fat, internally, around their intestines and this is just not amenable to liposuction cannulas. Good luck.

Lavinia K. Chong, MD

Liposuction for Love Handles and Mid-section Fat Cost

Thank you for ypur question.  Cost vary from city to city I would recommend visiting a few Board Certified Plastic Surgeons and find one that you feel comfortable with. Cost Liposuction of the lower abdomen and flanks and lower back range from $5,000-$10,000 depending on where you live. Best wishes

The cost of liposuction like other procedure vary considerably across the country and even in the same area depending on the cost structure. More expensive cities such as New York or Los Angeles, or areas with fewer board certified plastic surgeons may be more expensive than South Florida. Our liposuction price starts at $2800 + MD Anesthesia. Multiple areas may be additional.

For the highest standards and cost containment, consult with experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons who own their own nationally accredited surgery center.

The surgeon must maintain the highest standards to maintain national accreditation, has significant interest in ensuring that all the staff are the highest quality and trained in the specifics of each plastic surgery procedure, ensures that the facility is comfortable and private so patients are more inclined to recommend friends and family, and maintain the most cost effective structure possible which eliminates waste.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Combination Liposuction in the Midwest Ranges from $4000-$5000

Liposuction costs vary and are dependent upon multiple factors.  These include the surgeons fee, facility fee, anesthesia charges, location of the liposuction procedure and the type of liposuction performed.  The approach to liposuction varies from physician to physician.  Some surgeons use general anesthesia, some use a hospital, and some use techniques that involve expensive technology.  Each of these variables can affect the cost of liposuction.

It’s important to meet with a physician and know exactly what he or she is talking about.  Make sure you’re not talking apples and oranges and that you’re getting a fee quote for a comparable procedure.

In the midwestern United States, combination liposuction fees range from $4,000 to $5,000.  This would typically include the surgeons fee, facility fee, anesthesia charges and after care.  Cost is obviously important, but it’s also important to be comfortable with the surgeons qualifications and experience.  Make sure you get all your questions answered and are comfortable with your surgeon.

Liposuction Cost

In Toronto, Ontario, you can expect to pay around $5000-$8000. The cost of liposuction depends on a number of factors, including:

the technique
the surgeon
the city you are in

You should really talk to the surgeon you're interested in to find out the cost for your procedure. A discount may only be available if you get liposuction performed in conjunction with another procedure, such as a tummy tuck. 

Liposuction of midsection and love handles, cost?

Liposuction prices will vary from city to city and surgeon to surgeon. There are many variables in price. Often these variables are not in the control of the surgeon, (O.R. fee, anesthesia fee, supplies, etc). Beware of bargain basement pricing. Cheap can become expensive quickly. Best to see a board certified plastic surgeon. Together you should be able to find a plan that is safe and effective.

Jeffrey J. Roth, MD, FACS

Liposuction

Hello. Liposuction pricing varies depending on surgeon and location. Pricing could range anywhere from $4500 - 6000. You will need clearance from your primary care doctor. Then you will need to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in liposuction for best results. Good luck to you.

Jaime Perez, MD

Baltimore, around $6k all included

This is based on lipo to the love handles and lower abdomen. I checked with two other guys and we were pretty close (to my surprise, as I thought I'd be getting a range).

Ricardo L. Rodriguez, MD