How Much Does Liposuction on Lower Belly Cost?

i am looking to get lipo for lower belly fat.what is the appox cost?

Abdominal liposuction runs around $5000-7000 as an average.

You can never do just the lower abdomen. You almost always have to do the full abdomen to make it look good and even.  It should be done under local anesthesia by the tumescent technique and with smaller canulas.  There are no stitches, no need for risky general anesthesia, and the recovery is about 2 days before you are back to work.  Cost is $5000-7000 for a good job.  Cheaper lipos usually give less than nice results.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

How much does liposuction on just the lower belly cost?

In general, it is unusual to perform liposuction solely of the lower belly, since very often the fat accumulates both in the lower belly and the periumbilical area and to achieve a nice overall balance, liposuction is usually performed on the entire abdominal area. Obviously if there is just a small localized area in the lower abdomen then it could be addressed separately from the remainder of the abdomen. If there is significant laxity to the skin, liposuction whether Tumescent or Smart Lipo will not correct this adequately and some variation on a tummy tuck (e.g. "mini") may be in order. That being said, the range in cost for liposuction of the abdomen is generally $3,000 - $5,000 depending on the area of the country and the particular surgeon.

Abdominal liposuction

While you may think that you only need the lower abdomen to be treated, if you gain weight, the upper abdomen will look very funny if not treated.

Liposuction Fees for the Abdomen

Thank you for your question.  The fee for a liposuction procedure is variable and depends upon where your procedure will take place, surgeon expertise, surgeon experience, surgical technique, type of anesthesia and how many areas are to be treated.  Liposuction typically begins around $4,500 (including facility and anesthesia fees) and can go up from there depending upon how many areas you are having treated.  For patients who are concerned about the lower abdomen, I typically recommend having liposuction of the full abdomen to provide for the best and most even cosmetic result.  I believe that treating the abdomen in its entirety would afford the patient the best cosmetic result by shrinking the entire abdominal region down evenly.  I would recommend consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon to review your options.  

It is very common to have patients come into the office a few years after lower abdominal liposuction who have developed padding of the upper abdomen and regret only treating the lower region initially.  To nicely contour your full abdomen both areas are generally treated including if necessary the love handles.  This can be done either asleep under a light general anesthesia or under tumescent local anesthesia depending upon budget and patient preference.  The price should be approximately $4500-$5500 depending on extent of the procedure (time) including surgeon's fee, anesthesia and OR fees.  
Good luck and enjoy your results.  Jon A. Perlman MD FACS

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Lipo Costs

Liposuction of just the lower abdomen can be effective to rid yourself of that "spare tire" that isn't responding to exercise.  Have a careful discussion with your American Board of Plastic Surgery Surgeon about the degree of loose skin expected after surgery.  Otherwise, you may be setting yourself up for needing a subsequent tummy tuck, more expensive than liposuction.

Cost of liposuction

Thank you for your question. According to real self the average cost for liposuction is about $6000. With that said costs will vary significantly based on many factors. How many areas are treated, whether or not you are getting general anesthesia, what type of facility it is being done in all influential final cost. My best advice is that you get what you pay for. Don't be mislead by cheap lipo. Always look to make sure your surgeon is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and the work is being done in an accredited facility. Good luck

John Mancoll, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Thanks for the question. When it comes to costs of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure (quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider… are some of the potential variables involved.  You will find some average costs of surgery on this website and on individual plastic surgeons' websites as well.

In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to SEE lots of examples of their work AND preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Again, I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways.  Best wishes.

Cost of Lower Belly Liposuction

The cost of lower belly liposuction can vary greatly depending on the surgeon, the city you're having your procedure performed, and how large an area you are treating.  Generally speaking, in my Austin based practice, you would be looking at anywhere from $1500-$2000 + anesthesia and OR fees.  Around $4000 total cost.

Jeffrey W. Hall, MD

Liposuction of the abdomen

Prices vary from state to state and from practice to practice. You should see someone in consultation to ensure you only need your lower abdomen done. You might need the upper abdomen to be done as well to blend  and prevent the upper belly from sagging over the lower.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon