Liposuction and the Beach

how soon after liposuction can i go to the beach??? also ill be traveling on a 9 hr fligh with 1 stop tho....

IS THE BEACH ADVISED AT 9 DAYS AFTER LIPOSUCTION?

I have had patients go to the beach in Hawaii in 5 days after lipo but they really must cover up with both sunscreen and clothes.  In addition you do not really look so hot for the first 2 weeks or so often after surgery.  Then it depends on what is liposuctioned, how much, how many area.   Forget going to the beach and looking good for the first 2 weeks.  You will look okay, but lipo recovery takes time and is variable from person to person.   If you have stomach lipo and go to the beach in 9 days wear a 2 piece bathing suit.   Really if you want to go and fully enjoy the beach,  go on vacation and get lipo later.  This 9 day plan is not advisewd unless you have no alternative.  If no alternative, cover up, wear sunscreen, and forget about enjoying your lipo at 9 days.  I think you can see where I stand on this.  Good Luck.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Going to the beach following liposuction: recommendations

You may go to the beach several days after liposuction. However, you will be bruised, swollen, somewhat numb and possibly tender. I do not recommend sitting out in the hot sun (especially exposed) for at least 3 weeks as your skin will be numb and you can sustain a burn. My recommendation is also to avoid vigorous activities including swimming until around 3 weeks after your surgery.

You should follow the recommendations of the plastic surgeon that will be performing your procedure.

Liposuction and the beach

You can probably go out and sit out within a few days although you probably will still be bruised. As for going in the water, I would wait three weeks until the incisions are really sealed.

Liposuction and the beach

Liposuction Recovery

Depending on the areas of treatment and the type of liposuction, most of my patients are able to return to work after about 5 days.  I require my patients to wear a compression garment 24 hours a day for 4 weeks, the 5th week only at night. I also advise my patients that they should expect bruising and post surgical swelling. The swelling subsides over time however it may take months to see your final result. I also restrict flying for 4 weeks due to the risk of blood clots. In my practice I ask  patients to never plan to do any type of surgical procedure within 6 weeks of any major event. Best wishes! 

Liposuction Recovery