Is Liposcultpure in Eyebrow Level an Existing Procedure?

I know its not common, but is it a real existing procedure/treatment? when could a subtile liposculpture in the eyebrow area be required? Is it a safe procedure? I was wondering for this, sice my forehead (eyebrow level) looks a (tiny) bit overprojected from (especially) lateral view. I would like to all /more about this specific procedure. It looks like my eyebrows are more upfront the the rest of my face, would like to get a more flatter result if possible. Dont want something drastic.

-- Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift!

Liposculpture of eyebrow

It seems that you have received somewhat conflicting answers to your question, perhaps because no photos were provided.  Yes, this could be due to prominence of the bone of the sinuses which would certainly require a different approach to correct.  But it is also true that the fat can be conservatively trimmed or sculpted and this may provide you with the results you are seeking.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

No, there's no fatty layer, to speak of, under the eyebrows.  The superior, or top, of the orbital rim (eyesocket) can have bony protuberances that make the eyebrow and forehead more prominent.  These can be rasped down using a bone rasp through a Brow Lift type forehead flap.

Eyebrow Protrusion Is A Bone Problem

Protrusion of the eyebrow is not a fat problem but is a bone issue. It is the frontal bone and underlying frontal sinus that makes up any amount of brow protrusion. This is not something that can be treated by liposuction but rather requires some amount of brow bone reduction.

Liposuction of Forehead?

I do not think liposuction of this area is a safe or effective modality of treatment.  It certainly does not meet the risk/reward criteria I use when recommending surgery.

Forehead

Interesting question. Pictures would surely help. I have had a number of patients through the years with what sounds like your problem and it has been easily corrected by reducing the bone deep to the eyebrow through a forehead lift incision hidden up in the hair. Not sure if this would work for you, though without photos and an exam.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Brow liposculpture

This is a tough one.  The answer is, yes, it's done.  HOWEVER, not very often and only in select cases.  I have do this for brows that have a lot of what is known to Oculoplastic surgeons as the preseptal frontal fat pad.

When I have done it it has been during an upper eyelid surgery where I have access to this fat pad and when I have removed it is has been very concervative.  I would say only Facial Plastic and Oculoplastic surgeons would be up for doing this.  It's not that often that the soft tissue (fat) is what makes the brow too heavy or projected.

I'll also say the results could be unimpressive.

I can't tell  you anything about using an actual liposuction cannula (tube) for the procedure.  I think that may give your some temporary weakness of the brow and excess scaring.  It could reduce the mobility of the eyebrow area.

Now, one thing to keep in mind is that it may be brow bone that needs to be shaved down.  I do this mostly for feminization procedures.

In any case your risks are scaring, brow immobility, unimpressive results, bruising, and forehead numbness.

So all that being said, yes, it is done. . . sometimes.  I would stick with a Facial plastic or Oculoplastic surgeon for this one and get a few opinions.

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Liposculpture in eyebrow area

No board certified plastic surgeon I know would ever offer such a procedure. Your forehead is not a location for excess fat. If you have too much projection it is likely a boney issue. See at least 2 experienced plastic surgeons for  your options. Good luck!

Marcel Daniels, MD
Long Beach Plastic Surgeon