Lumpy and Bumpy Stomach

Hello everyone... I had liposculture 2 weeks ago and I am not too happy with the results so far... My stomach is sooo lumpy and bumpy, I am freaking out.... I am doing lympathic massages combined with endermology... In how long should I see the results? I feel that when I wear my garment my stomach gets bumpier and harder... Please help!!!! Thank you

Lumpy and bumpy stomach post lipo

2 weeks post op is just the beginning of the process.  So you must have lots of patience and follow the guidelines.  You must also have a good diet and try to work out in order to maximize results.  If you do all that, there will only be one winner: YOU.

Costa Rica Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction verses Liposculpture and the healing process after liposuction.

BE CALM AND PATIENT.   When you have plastic surgery part od the contract is that you must agree to the healing process. Lummpiness is a part of the healing pattern.  You will smooth out definitely with time.  You can do massage et  etc but 95% of improvement comes with TIME.   The healing precess takes one year.  This is what you signed up for. It is part odf the deal.  In 3 months you will be greaty improved.   And please remember that....LIPOSCULPTURE = LIPOSUCTION = LIPOSCULPTURE = LIPOSUCTION ETC ETC.   THEY ARE EXACTLY......YES EXACTLY...THE SAME THING The word liposculpture is a pure marketing term.   All liposuction is liposculpture and visa versa.  Good Luck.

Lumpy and Bumpy Stomach

-- Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Lumps and bumps normal two weeks post-op

At two weeks post-op, what you are experiencing is completely normal. Swelling from liposculpture can last for up to six months, with the first couple weeks being the worst. Be patient, follow all your surgeon’s post-operative instructions, and you should start to see results in a few months. If you are concerned about the fit of your garment, I would recommend visiting your surgeon for a follow-up and voicing those concerns. It is highly important that you continue to wear the garment for as long as prescribed, however.

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Lumpy and Bumpy Stomach

The swelling that occurs after liposuction can actually be at its worst around 10-14 days post-op.  Feeling small lumps and bumps is also normal at this stage of your recovery.   Give yourself plenty of time to heal before you judge the outcome. I always have my patients wear compression garments for six weeks after liposuction and have them get lymphatic massages as you are currently doing.  I have seen fine reduction of swelling and improvement even 6 months after surgery.  Be patient, and follow up closely with your plastic surgeon.   Best of luck!

Paul Fortes, MD

Swelling and areas of firmness common just after liposculpture and liposuction

First of all, you are still in the immediate postoperative period and are expected to be swollen with areas of firmness. This is not your final result so be comforted by this message and relax a bit. Massage can help manage firm lumps and bumps following liposuction/liposculpture.
Therapeutic or "lymphatic massage" may be helpful following  a  Liposculpture or Liposuction (Smart Lipo, Vaser, Tickle lipo, or conventional lipo) to minimize swelling. Make sure your surgeon feels that you have healed sufficiently  and it is safe before doing this
.  Endermologie is also very helpful after liposculpture/liposuction but again, not critical.  Although deep tissue massage following liposuction can aid in smoothing out  contour irregularities that invariably accompany this procedure it has limited effect on the final outcome and  is NOT mandatory. Some plastic surgeons recommend it to all  patients as they feel the edema resolves faster.  Ask your surgeon to show you or a significant other how to do this if cost is an issue. Typically they will have you massage toward areas of maximum lymphatic drainage ( for example groin or armpits) A low sodium diet may also be helpful early on.

Post liposuction results.

I would start by saying BE PATIENT. Swelling, bruising and lumpiness can last a few months post surgery. The second week seems to be the most difficult for patients. You feel that you should see better results by your second week and become impatient when you don't. Give it some time, and if you are not happy by 6 weeks, then I would recommend to meet with your surgeon to discuss what can be done to fix your problem. Best of luck.

Jaime Perez, MD

Lumpiness after Liposuction

Thank you for your question.  Please be patient! You are only 2 weeks out of surgery and it will take at least 4-6 months for everything to heal and for you to see your final results.  Keep communicating with your surgeon and doing the massage will help.  I ask my patients to wear the compression garment for 4 weeks after surgery. I also encourage getting out and walking as often as possible to help with the healing process.  Best WisheS!

Laser Liposuction Best Results

The abdomen especially is prone to lumpiness and uneveness after laser liposuction the majority of which settles down with time.  3-6 months is when you should see your final results.

Hannah Vargas, MD
Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

How do I treat a lumpy bumpy stomach after liposculpture

Occasionally an abdomen will have lumps and bumps after liposculpture. You will need to wait 3-6 months for that to settle down. The best treatments are walking outdoors for 1 hour (4 miles) every day and taking ibuprofen. Walking accelerates healing and is an example of low impact aerobics which speeds metabolism of fat.

Edward Lack, MD
Chicago Dermatologist