What is the difference between Fraxel and Fractional laser treatments?

Fractional Laser Treatments

Fractional lasers are a type of laser treatment. They target a fraction of the skin being treated, leaving the untreated skin to stimulate a faster recovery time.

Fraxel laser is the brand name of a laser by Solta Medical. Fraxel uses fractionated technology and has different version for different skin types and conditions.

Fraxel-Non-Ablative (non-wounding):
Dual: Targets, tone, texture and more superficial signs of aging, actinic keratosis and pigment.
Restore: Penetrates deep into the skin layers, specifically targeting concerns such as wrinkles or acne scarring.

Fraxel CO2- Ablative (wounding):
Repair 600m: Treats fine lines, age spots and sun spots.
Repair 135m: Used to target deeper wrinkles, tighten skin and remove years from your appearance.

I believe that Fraxel is the gold standard laser for fractional technology and I own all of the above mentioned versions. Fraxel is the most popular laser procedure in my office for both skin rejuvenation and acne scar treatment.

Consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist to see which Fraxel version is best for you.

For more information on Fraxel laser treatments click link below:

Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Fraxel versus Fractional Laser

Fraxel laser is a type of fractionated laser.  Fraxel laser has done a significant amount of research and development.  Not all fractional lasers are alike.  I have found the Fraxel laser results superior to other lasers but as in all things it is user and technique dependent.  For the best results please contact a board certified physician with a great deal of experience with lasers.

Difference between Fraxel and Fractional laser

Fraxel is a brand name - it's one of the companies that makes a fractional laser. Personally, I have found there are much better fractional lasers on the market. I much prefer the InMode Fractora and have found it far superior to any results I've seen from various Fraxel machines.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

Fraxel!

Fraxel is a type of fractional laser. It is the most popular, or most widely known name, and is therefore used frequently to label fractional lasers. It can be compared to the neurotoxins, in which Botox has become the most commonly known name; however, there are others such as Dysport and Xeomin.

David Goldberg, MD

Fraxel

Fraxel is the name of one companies fractionated laser and they actually have two types;  am erbium and co2.   Many companies make similar Lasers that are equivalent or better in my opinion.  Erbium.is less aggressive and better for darker skin tones.  CO2 probably gives better resurfacing with less treatments.

Reps B. Sundin, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Fraxel laser

Fraxel refers to the brand name of a fractional laser.  It was the first fractional laser available and the term Fraxel has almost become generic.  Fraxel restore is non-ablative and Fraxel repair is ablative.  There are other companies that also make fractional lasers.  Chosing a laser expert who has experience with a fractional laser is more important than which make of laser is used. 

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist