Laser Treatment or Chemical Peels for Dark Armpits?

I'm Asian; me & my sisters have these dark underarms. I've had them ever since I was little and I have always been embarassed about raising my arm because it's dark!

I bought a product that is supposed to peel off the darkness, but it doesn't work, so I was wondering if there is some kind of treatment I can get for this?

My armpits are not dark from deodorant!

Treatments for dark underarms

Dark armpits are common and hyperpigmentation may occur in areas of the skin that experience constant rubbing of skin such as the thighs and armpits.  I advise patients to begin Melapads, Melarase PM, and the Body Brightening kit if the pigmentation is severe. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Treatments for dark underarms

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Dark Armpits Skin Lightening

Neither Laser nor Chemical Peel (usually).  The differential diagnosis for dark armpit skin is too wide and varied to suggest a specific treatment in this forum.  You need to see your Dermatologist for this.  Good luck.

Dark Armpits Skin Lightening

Dark under-arms

Dark under-arms are largely a genetic phenomenon and may represent thickened skin in that area, or possibly a condition called acanthosis nigricans (which is associated with insulin resistance/diabetes). I would seek the advice of a board certified dermatologist in your area to assess your underarms.

Good luck.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

Dark under-arms

Good luck.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist