Can Laser Remove a Raised Age Spot? If So, How Much Will It Cost Me?

I have a raised age spot on my cheek. It is about the size of a pencil top. Can laser remove the spot and make it flat so that it is even with the rest of my face? Or do I do laser and then sand or scrape the raised spot to make it flat? How much will it cost to remove the one spot?

Doctor Answers 4

Raised "age spots" need to be examined by your Dermatologist.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Raised age spots can be harmless or cancerous and need to be examined by your derm doc which they can treat right then in most cases.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 46 reviews

Age Spots?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Raised age spots likely represent seborrheic keratosis or even malignant melanoma. Raised pigmented lesions should be evaluated and biopsied if necessary. Lasers are not the recommended treatment for these lesions. A skin specialist or dermatologist can assist in removing these lesions after the appropriate diagnosis has been made.

Temp Patterson, MD
Burley Facial Plastic Surgeon

A raised age spot is not an age spot but rather a benign or malignant tumor

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

A raised age spot is not an age spot but rather a benign or malignant tumor. Before thinking about how to treat the lesion needs a diagnosis. See a board certified Dermatologist.

Edward Lack, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

You might also like...

Evaluation and treatment of raised "Age Spot"

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It is advisable that a raised "Age Spot" be evaluated a board-certified dermatologist to make sure that it is not a skin cancer. In addition, the skin specialist will assist you in figuring out the best way to get rid of the lesions, e.g. biopsy, cryotherapy, laser.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.