Laser Hair Removal Safe Around Areola?

Is hair laser safe to use around the areola? I have a few hairs that I would like to remove in this area but want to make sure the laser hair removal won't do any damage.

Laser hair removal safe for nipple area, but ensure no medical cause.

Laser hair removal is safe and effective, but if you have excessive hair growth in other areas like the chin, lip, or chest, please don't forget to rule out any potential hormone imbalance in the body, which can promote hair growth in unwanted areas. This type of hair growth can be perfectly normal and can run in families, but hormone imbalances that cause it can also cause othe problems like irregular periods, difficulty carrying a pregnancy to term, and other problems.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Yes - effective for the areola

Laser hair removal (especially Nd-Yag) is great for removing darker hair from around the areola with just a few treatments.

The sensitivity of the area can be treated with some topical numbing cream to make the treatment less uncomfortable.

Find a board certifed plastic surgeon or dermatologist.

I hope this helps!

Yes - effective for the areola

I hope this helps!

Nipple, Areola, Breast: Laser Hair Removal: Is laser hair removal safe around the areola?

Most definitely.  This is an area that is particularly prone to scattered hair.  I have performed countless laser hair removal treatments around this area with outstanding results! As long as the hair has pigment, the laser hair removal will work.

There is no guarantee around the areola

Laser hair removal has not been found to be unsafe on any skin-covered area of the body, except for the normal risks of change in pigmentation to either darker or lighter, and scarring which is extremely rare. There is no guarantee that hair growth will decrease and rarely there can be a paradoxical increase in hair growth.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

There is no guarantee around the areola

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Yes - effective for the areola

Thank you for your question. Yes, you can have laser hair removal for the Areola area. It is very safe to treat this area, as long as the physician is using the correct laser for your skin type. I recommend having a consultation with an expert to determine the best treatment plan for you. Best of Luck!

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Yes - effective for the areola

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Laser hair removal around areolas

laser hair removal around the areolas is very common in my practice, It is safe as long  as the correct laser is used. Be sure to find an experienced practice with multiple lasers designed to treat all ski types

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Laser hair removal around areolas

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Laser Hair Removal Safe for Areola

It is extremely safe and a popular area to have laser hair removal in my practice.  Depending on what device is being used you would need to not treat if the areola has too much pigment. At our office we do have a laser which we can use on darker pigment skin, Soprano Laser. You would also not treat this area if you were pregnant or breast feeding.

Laser Hair Removal Safe for Areola

Laser Hair Removal Around Areola

Yes this procedure is safe. As long as the hair color and type are suitable for the laser being used (white, grey, red, blond, and thin hair are not prime candidates for this treatment). The area may be more sensitive to the treatment. A topical anesthetic can be used to help with the pain management. Be sure to discuss any questions and concerns with your laser hair removal technician.

"Dr.D"

Laser Hair Removal Around Areola

"Dr.D"

Laser Hair Removal around the Areola

Yes, laser hair removal is very effective at treating hairs around the areola, as well as elsewhere on the body - face, chin, neck, chest, back, arms, pubic, etc.  

Good Luck.

Laser Hair Removal around the Areola

Good Luck.

Areola Hair Removal With Lasers

Hi Aliyas, 

Laser hair removal is absolutely appropriate for the nipple area and we provide this procedure often. Laser hair removal will not do any damage provided the practitioner is using an appropriate laser for your skin type. Good luck.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Areola Hair Removal With Lasers

Hi Aliyas, 

Harold J. Kaplan, MD