Can I use revivogen after FUE hair transplant?

I got a fue hair transplant a month ago and had 3 PRP sessions before that and one PRP session after the transplant , so i need your advice if i can use revivogen starting now on all the head as a protection or maybe the PRP sessions were enough . Thank you

Use of topical treatments following FUE hair transplant

The scalp is the thickest skin on your body.  Therefore, it takes the longest to heal.  Revivogen is essentially composed of vitamins and minerals and other things found in nature to inhibit DHT's actions.  It is a "naturopathic" form of therapy.  With an FUE procedure the skin in the donor area heals slightly faster than if you had a linear procedure.  

Typically, a patient is able to start revivogen 7 days after the completion of an FUE procedure. This will allow enough time for typical skin to heal in both the donor and recipient areas, thus preventing the vitamins, minerals and other ingredients of Revivogen from entering into the skin-healing process.

Hair loss is a permanent, progressive condition.  Expecting PRP to halt it forever would be the equivalent of going to the dentist and asking him to get out the PRP and the lasers or whatever and do the procedure that would prevent you from ever having to brush your teeth again.  That makes no sense, does it?  Same goes for hair.  

The repeated treatments are what make it work.  Brushing your teeth every single day is better than going to the dentist once every 3 months for a cleaning.....we all know that.  So, using revivogen or an LLLT (low level laser device) every day is superior to getting PRP treatments every few months.  This is not just my opinion; there are many peer-reviewed, controlled studies proving the efficacy of LLLT alone.  There are no such studies concerning PRP, nor Revivogen, which proves their efficacy in the slowing down, halting, or reversal of hair loss in either men or women.  There are anecdotal reports, but no conclusive studies.

Remember: there is NO CURE for hair loss.  That's quite a statement if you think about it.  There are only ways to manage it.  LLLT and finasteride have been proven to slow down the progression of hair loss, stop hair loss, and in some cases reverse hair loss.  Other therapies have had success here and there, but do not have statistically powerful studies behind them to back up their claims.  That being said, remember that there is no cure for hair loss.  Personally, I believe finasteride, LLLT, Revivogen and PRP with ACell are good methods to prevent hair loss, but results will vary person-to-person, as there literally is no cure, and everyone responds slightly differently to the treatments.  There is roughly a 75% to 85% chance that you can dramatically slow the progression of typical hormone-based hair loss with one or more of these treatments. 

A consultation with a hair loss expert is recommended.  A physician who only treats hair loss, and does nothing else.  It's a highly-specialized field, and a 100% focus on hair loss is what you are looking for in a consulting physician for your issue.

Atlanta Hair Restoration Surgeon

Revivogen post transplant

There would be no particular problem with using Revivogen post transplant but be sure to discuss with your hair transplant surgeon. 

Jeff Donovan, MD, PhD
Vancouver Dermatologist

Should be no issue

It is always a good idea to check with your doctor.  In general there should be no issue but every doctor has their own opinion.  

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

PRP and Revivogen after a hair transplant

I would not use either of these approaches with a hair transplant. To read more about PRP, see the web reference below. It is a waste of money and just adds complexity to the process. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon