Tightness in forehead after Botox. When do you think this problem will settle?

Hello , I had 20 units injected in my forehead and at 11 , since 2 weeks back . I felt heaviness which improved . I also had moderate tightness since that time which is becoming less by time ... But it comes in bouts when I can realy sense that one group of muscle is tight compared to others... And sometimes I feel that I am raising my eyebrows without intention and this will aggrevate the pressure ... I feel anxious because of that . When do you think this problem will settle ? Thank you

Heaviness and tightness after Botox

Thank you for your question Lubna77. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression. Heaviness and tightness are possible after a Botox treatment, especially the first time. These normally resolve over two weeks, but sometimes it takes longer. All effects are resolved at 3-4 months for most patients. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Encino Physician

Common sensations

It is very common to feel tight after a Botox injection. The feeling will subside as the Botox wears off.

Janet Allenby, DO
Delray Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Tightness after Botox--Try Venus Legacy

This should resolve with time. In the mean time, Venus Legacy treatments can help soften the tightness. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer