Is there harm in getting the second treatment if you still have tenderness in the arm area?

I had the miradry treatment two months ago. I have seen about 80-85% reduction in sweating. While I'm pleased with the results, I do plan to go back for the second treatment as I had to pay for 2 treatments at time of purchase.I have slight numbness/sensitivity in the tricep area of just one arm.

2nd treatment timing?

Congratulations on getting 80 to 85 % reduction in your sweating. The second treatment should be done at level 5 at three months from the first treatments. It sounds from your description like you're not fully recovered yet and you need to wait about 1 more month.

Best wishes, Dr. Aldo

Second Treatment After 3 Months

Hi and thank you for your question!

We recommend 3 months in between treatments. Before scheduling your second treatment, if you still have the sensitivity and/or numbness, I suggest you call the practice to discuss this with the provider. You could wait longer in between without any issue in result.  

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

3 months waiting is recommended

Miradry’s protocol recommends waiting 3 months before undergoing a second treatment. Waiting ensures that you have fully recovered from your previous treatment. Occasionally numbness/tingling occurs following a treatment. This typically resolves without any long term issues. But please check with your provider if your symptoms are normal/expected to make sure. This only can determined during a physical exam. We complete second treatment in most of our patients with very high if not 100% success rate

Gregory Turowski, MD, PhD, FACS

Second MiraDry Treatment

MiraDry is a wonderful procedure for patients with excessive sweating and underarm odor.  In my practice, I have found that patients with severe sweating may require a second treatment.  Most patients have 50% reduction in sweat and odor after the first treatment, and another 30% reduction in a 2nd treatment.  I recommend a second treatment no sooner than 6 months after the first treatment.  I would definitely not have a treatment if you still have numbness or sensitivity to the area as that indicates you still have some inflammation. 

Good Luck!

Laurie A. Casas, MD, FACS

Second MiraDry Timing

The sensitivity and numbness are still normal and will likely continue to resolve. You should be able to proceed with a second treatment whenever it is convenient for you but you may have longer swelling after the second treatment. I encourage the patients to wait until the tenderness resolves before proceeding.

Gregory Mesna, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

How many miraDry treatments can you have?

In my opinion, there is no harm in having another miraDry treatment, however I would wait until the tenderness resolves, which shouldn't be much longer. If at the 90 day mark you are still experiencing pain, numbness or swelling, I would re-visit your healthcare professional for evaluation.

#miraDry   #tenderness  #pain

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Single miraDry needed in most of our patients

There is no harm but I would wait until tenderness resolves. 

2nd procedure should not be sooner than 3 months, and as such, at 3 months there should be no tenderness in the area. 

In our practice 86% of our patients require only a SINGLE procedure. 

Read my ebook about miraDry on the link below. 

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon