How long after breast reduction surgery can you have sex?

Lipo-lift, breast lift, breast reduction, mastopexy, benelli, augmentation mastopexy

I appreciate your question.

I perform a liposuction breast lift that removes tissue from the areas you don't want such as near the armpit and the lower portion hanging near your stomach. Once I use this to shape the breast I then remove the skin to tighten the breast and create a better shape with nice cleavage. Since I perform this less invasively the recovery time is faster. The size would depend on the proportion with your body versus going for a cup size. It works very well if there are asymmetries. I can also use the removed fat as a natural breast augmentation by grafting the fat back into the breast to create more projection or into the top to create more cleavage. This procedure can also be combined with an implant if needed or wanted.  It should not affect nipple sensation, mammograms, cancer risk or breast-feeding. If you gain or lose weight, the transferred fat can do the same.

I think 2 weeks is  safe time to get your heart rate up a bit.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery.  

Dr. Schwartz 

#RealSelf100Surgeon 

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Sex after breast reduction

At absolute minimum I recommend 2 weeks of no strenuous activity. Beyond that, it is really a discussion between you and your surgeon. A lot depends on how well you are healing. Best wishes.

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Sex After Breast Reduction

Thank you for your question, it is a very common one among my patients.

In general, I have patients refrain from sex for 3 weeks to allow for adequate healing.  However, every patient and surgeon is different.  I recommend you ask your surgeon what they believe the safest length of time would be for you.

Dr. Dan Krochmal

MAE Plastic Surgery

Northbrook, IL

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

Breast reduction recovery

Thank you for your question. Generally, once all of the incisions have completely healed (3-4 weeks for most patients) and you no longer have pain, then you should be able to resume any activity you wish. If you develop any problems, you may have to refrain for a bit. Your surgeon will give you the best advice since he/she knows your case the best. Hope that helps. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Your plastic surgeon will always be your best resource when it comes to specific instructions in regards to returning to activities. Generally speaking, best  to limit strenuous activity for at least 2 weeks after breast reduction surgery, assuming you are doing well and there have been no complications.  Care should be taken during the first one to two weeks after surgery not to allow for elevation of heart rate, blood pressure, and/or direct trauma/contact to the chest wall. Again, address your specific questions/concerns to your plastic surgeon, who knows your situation best, and is ultimately responsible for your care. Best wishes.