How long after breast reduction surgery can you have sex?

Sex after breast reduction

At absolute minimum I recommend 2 weeks of no strenuous activity. Beyond that, it is really a discussion between you and your surgeon. A lot depends on how well you are healing. Best wishes.

Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Sex After Breast Reduction

Thank you for your question, it is a very common one among my patients.

In general, I have patients refrain from sex for 3 weeks to allow for adequate healing.  However, every patient and surgeon is different.  I recommend you ask your surgeon what they believe the safest length of time would be for you.

Dr. Dan Krochmal

MAE Plastic Surgery

Northbrook, IL

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

Breast reduction recovery

Thank you for your question. Generally, once all of the incisions have completely healed (3-4 weeks for most patients) and you no longer have pain, then you should be able to resume any activity you wish. If you develop any problems, you may have to refrain for a bit. Your surgeon will give you the best advice since he/she knows your case the best. Hope that helps. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Your plastic surgeon will always be your best resource when it comes to specific instructions in regards to returning to activities. Generally speaking, best  to limit strenuous activity for at least 2 weeks after breast reduction surgery, assuming you are doing well and there have been no complications.  Care should be taken during the first one to two weeks after surgery not to allow for elevation of heart rate, blood pressure, and/or direct trauma/contact to the chest wall. Again, address your specific questions/concerns to your plastic surgeon, who knows your situation best, and is ultimately responsible for your care. Best wishes.