Will Juvederm Lumps Fade Away Eventually?

Well, I wish I read this board BEFORE I had Juvederm injected for some forehead lines. That being said, the result isn't great. Not horrible, but definitely a visible lump in one place. Will this go away as the Juvederm dissipates?

Doctor Answers 5

I don't recommend Juvederm above the eyes because of possible complications.

Normally, I recommend fillers for the bottom of the face only because placement in the brow carries additional risks. In general I have the rule of Botox above the eyes and fillers below the eyes. It is true that Juvederm is not permanent and massage will take away the lump. I recommend doing Botox next time and staying away from fillers for this area.

Orange County Plastic Surgeon
3.9 out of 5 stars 19 reviews

Juvederm lump

If you notice a lump from juvederm and it was recently injected, you can porbably massage it out to flatten it. If it does not respond, your doctor can inject it with hyaluronidase and it will basically dissolve in a day or two.

Steven Wallach, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.1 out of 5 stars 28 reviews

Juvederm lump

Hyaluronic acid fillers such as Juvederm are forgiving because they are not permanent. The lump should self resolve, but that would take months. If massage of the area does not work, I would return to the individual who performed the injections for one or more injections of hyaluronidase. If the material is somewhat superficial, it can be drained through a very small stab incision. Please do not attempt to do this on your own.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 5 reviews

Juvederm Lump on Forehead...Always Read RealSelf.com Before a Procedure

Hi titans,

Yes.  Massage and a little shot of dilute hyaluronidase should facilitate the disappearance of the visible Juvederm bump.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P


Michael A. Persky, MD
Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 36 reviews

Juvederm Lumps

The best treatment for hyaluronic acid filler lumps is gentle massage and time. If the lump is still unacceptable, then a careful injection of hyaluronidase will usually correct the problem. I recommend seeking consultation with a Board Certified Surgeon for these types of secondary corrections with hyaluronidase -- especially for treatments around the eyes.

Daniel Reichner, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 45 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.