How Long Before I See Juvederm Results?

How long does it take to see results from Juvederm?  I just got some in my nasolabial folds and lips, and I can't wait to see how it really is going to look.

Waiting for Juvederm results

Hi Lilley,

If anything, the results you would see immediately after injection would perhaps be a bit fuller than the final results because of swelling. The amount of swelling depends on the skill of the practitioner, the area injected and the amount of icing used before and after treatment.

If you've got swelling after your injections, then the "final" results should be seen after about 1 week. Hope this helps. Good luck.

You should see results already

With most of the injectables, what you see is what you get. There is some minor swelling and bruising, but for the most part, you should see the results the same day. After a week, most of the swelling should be resolved. Many doctors correctly under fill the areas being treated, with the expectation that you may need further injections. This is not a scam to make more money, but a way to ensure that you are not overdone. Once the filler is put in place, it is very hard if not impossible to remove it. So, it is better to come back for a second injection rather than have to suffer through months of overcorrection.

David Shafer, MD

Immediately see Juvederm results

With Juvederm or Restylane you will see immediate results. If anything, the results you would see immediately after injection would perhaps be a bit fuller than the final results because of swelling. Swelling can be multi factorial: a patient individual response, the skill of the practitioner, the area injected, the type of filler used, if a cannula (blunt type of needle) is utilized and the amount of icing used before and after treatment. Remember, there can be some temporary bruising for a few days. I find that all and all you typically will see your final results in 3-5 days.

David J. Myers, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

See Juvederm injection results immediately!

The wonderful thing about many dermal fillers today is that you will see immediate results. Juvederm is a hyaluronic acid or sugar that will attract water.

Because of this, you will see some additional swelling or fullness usually within 2-3 days. This usually resolves within the first week following injection. Rare patients may develop significant swelling, but is less likely.

Sanjay Grover, MD

Facial Fillers: Juvederm Results are Immediate

Facial fillers fall into three categories:

• True Facial Fillers that act to fill atrophic tissue: Juvederm, Restylane, Perlane
  • Facial injectables that stimulate cells to produce collagen: Sculptra
  • Facial Injectables that are true fillers and stimulate collagen: Radiesse

Juvederm is composed of hyaluronic acid and is thus characterized as a true facial filler. These products fill areas of atrophy and results are immediate.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

You will see Juvederm results instantly, with subtle changes in the 1st week

Juvederm is a Hyaluronic Acid (HA) based filler. You will see immediate results after the injection. HA based fillers are hydrophylic, which means they attract water. In the first few days after injection the area typically gets softer and any bruising or swelling resolves.

Occasionally, patients may benefit from additional volume of filler to acheive "optimal correction". I would wait about 2 weeks after injection and if you have any questions about the result then follow up with your doctor.

John E. Gross, MD

JUVEDERM RESULTS

JUVÉDERM® is a non-surgical treatment that can generally be performed in as little as 15 to 60 minutes (depending on the areas treated) with minimal recovery or downtime. Results are immediate. Some patients experience some swelling immediately post treatment. The swelling usually subsides within 24 to 48 hours. Bruising may also occur. 
If you already had your treatment done and you see no results, it may be a question of quantity of product given or just that you need to see before and after pictures of yourself. A follow up appointment with your physician is essential to ensure you are happy with your treatment. Best, Dr Fouda Neel

Pretty much immediately

Thanks for the question.  You will see an immediate effect right after the injection.  Now, that might not be the FINAL result, but it will be close.  If your injector hit a blood vessel or you are prone to swelling than you might have more "fill" than you will ultimately end up with.  If not, then you might end up with MORE fill in a week or so as the filler absorbs more fluid.  But...for the most part you should see a DIFFERENCE and an improvement immediately.  

Hope this helps

"The above answer has been given without seeing this patient and cannot be substituted for actual in-person examination and medical advice; it is only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

Juvederm

Immediate results will be seen and improve over time as the above side effects subside. Results can last up to 1 year with optimal treatment, however every patient is different so this will vary. Over time, the hyaluronic acid slowly dissolves and you will notice the slow re-appearance of fines lines, folds, and volume loss. Touch ups and re-treatment are necessary to maintain results. Less product will be needed if treatment takes place before all of the original product has diminished. We recommend not waiting until you are back to your pre-treatment

#JuvedermForLips #JuvedermResults

Some Juvederm Results are Immediate, but get Better in 48 hours

I always assure my patients that most of the benefit of Juvederm is immediate, but they all look smoother and better after 48 hours.