I am 5'5, 120lbs. Size 32A and want to be a 32DD. How many CC do I need? (photos)

I am 5'5, 120lbs. I am a size 32 Full A and would like to be a 32DD. I had 3 Pregnancies and my breast deflated and are not dropped. with my pregnancies i was a size 32 Full C. I want to get silicone high profile breast implants and would like to have an idea of how many CC would i need. I am currently a size 32 A and would like to be a 32DD. How many CC do i need to be a size DD.

Based on your wish photos, you want an augmented look. This is certainly achievable, but an in person exam is needed to get your breast dimensions, answer all your questions and to look at implants. I think you should try on the recommended size so that you get an idea of your post-op appearance. Good luck!

I am 5'5, 120lbs. Size 32A and want to be a 32DD. How many CC do I need?

Unfortunately there is no way to answer your question without an exam. The number of cc's does not correlate directly with cup size. 250cc on a tiny person may give her a D cup and on a bigger lady would hardly have any effect at all. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Breast Implant Size

The best way to determine the size implant that would meet your expectations is to schedule a consultation with a surgeon who is Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. At that consultation a thorough breast examination will be performed that will include detailed measurements including breast size, shape and width, assessment of your skin quality, and any asymmetry of the breasts. This exam will allow your surgeon to choose breast implant volumes and profiles that will be appropriate for you and your goals.  

Wear a non-padded bra and bring a tank top or a form-fitting shirt to your consultation. You can try breast implant sizers in your bra and determine what size and profile of implant that will help you achieve your goal.

Best of luck with your breast augmentation!         

John M. Trupiano, MD, FACS
Troy Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question! It's common for a woman to experience deflation after having kids. Good thing is that there is something that can be done to help improve that. A very general estimation is that 150cc-200cc is considered a cup size so with your height and weight, we are looking at around 500cc and up. In my practice, we take a lot of time to help our patients find the right size for their body so we incorporate the Vectra imaging system into our consultations so you can see a simulated 3D image of yourself. We also try on implants as that can give you a better idea of what the size would feel like on your body. Try not to get fixated on the number of cc's because one person with 500cc will look different from another person with the same size implant. Be sure to interview about 3 carefully chosen board certified plastic surgeons before making your decision. Best of luck!

Dan Mills, MD

Thank you for the question and photos. As I stress with
most patients, the choosing of implants is a very crucial and is one that
should be done through an in-person exam. Various aspects could affect
the choice of implants like breast tissue, body measurements, desired end
result and the like. Bra sizes also differ from one manufacturer to
another so a carefully selected implant can be able to get you very close to
that size. It is always best to visit a board-certified plastic surgeon
and have a full evaluation for your concern. Best of luck. Dr. Michael Omidi.

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic
surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

The implant for you

It is very difficult to determine the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 350 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. . Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the below link.

#breastaugmentation
#findingtherightsize
#BA

BA sizes

Hello dear, thanks for your post and provided information as well.

The thing about size is...
Did You Know? Implant size (measured by cubic centimeters, or “cc”) only matters as far as it will help you get the look you want. In these photos, can you guess who has the larger sized implants?

What limits how big you should go?

1. Your current breast size. This matters because you’ve got to have enough existing breast tissue to cover the implant. If you haven’t got a lot to spare, some implants may just be too big to fit.
2. Your chest and shoulder width. Fortunately, implants come in different base widths so you can get a size that works well with your frame.

I recommend to make an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon for a person evaluation and to talk about your goals.

Good luck :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

DD

It is unlikely that you will be able to achieve the look you describe without going beyond your own anatomical measurements and dimensions.

The only way to know for sure is to get an in-person evaluation with a BCPS, try on sizes and get some feedback on your desires vs what is anatomically feasible.

Best.

Kirk Moore, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question.  In order to truly determine which size implant will best help you achieve your overall desired goal, it would be best to schedule a consultation with a board ceritifed plastic surgeon.  At that time you can be further evaluated, try on sizer implants, discuss your goals and address any concerns yo have.  Then together you can create the surgical plan that will best help you achieve your desired look.

Best regards,
Dr. Lane F.Smith, MD
Plastic Surgeon
Las Vegas NV

Lane Smith, MD

Breast implant size to be a 32DD from 32A

This is a common question among my patients. Unfortunately there is no uniform cup size; they vary for each bra manufacturer. To give you an idea of how cc's correspond to the amount of fluid, 25cc is about 2 TBS. The most common size implant I use in my practice for women who wear your bra size is about 275cc-350cc in order to achieve a C cup depending on your original breast measurements and size. To achieve a D or DD cup in most bras, you would most likely need to have larger implants. It is best to try on implants in your surgeon's office during the consultation or preoperative appointment. The implant size and shape also would depend on your breast measurements. There are many different styles of implants that are available, and your board-certified plastic surgeon should be able to suggest the one that fits your body. I hope this has been helpful, and good luck with your future breast implant surgery.