Breast indents from Breast Augmentation? What has happened?

I have silicone implants. It was my second surgery. First surgery I had saline implants. I have these flat like dents on my breasts. And my breasts seem to be mis-shaped now. The indents are like flat spots.  They don't feel hard at all. Still soft and manageable. No pain either.

Contour irregularities after re-augmentation

can come from scarring, contractures, or the pocket dissection.  Your surgeon shouldn't be happy with this and should guide you through options from which you can choose to help rectify the problem.  But the problem has to correctly be diagnosed before doing anything. 

Complications Associated with Periareolar Incisions

This is one of a few reasons the periareolar incision should be abandoned. Aside from the highest rate of capsular contracture, these incisions put you at risk for contour deformities associated with scaring within the breast tissue.

You will need to be examined to determine the best course of action. You should get a few second opinions from revision breast surgery experts.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Breast implants- don't look right after second procedure

Thank you for asking about your breast implants.

• It would help to see your original before photos - your breasts may have been asymmetric with implants exaggerating the difference.
  • As for the indentation, if surgery was recent, it could be from internal sutures to change the pocket shape.
  • It is hard to explain otherwise - I strongly suggest you see your surgeon to discus what is going on and what to expect. 
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes

Thank you for your question and photos.
Although contour deformities can occur after surgery, it's important that you sit down with your surgeon and discuss your concerns and expected recovery course and timeframe.  Things may change over time depending on how far you're out of surgery.  If you're not satisfied with your result after 6 months, you should discuss this with your surgeon as revision surgery is always a consideration.  Good luck to you!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS