Is numbness in fingers normal after treatment? How long will it last?

Hello I have done cool sculpting tx done on my under arms 2 days ago. I had an excruciating pain after tx. Although the tx was only on my under arms, my forearm and my small and ring fingers are numb as well. It's 2 days now and I have not seen any improvement. My hands are very weak Is this going to get away? Is the numbness reversible ? Thank you

Numbness in fingers after CoolSculpting to arms

When CoolSculpting is performed on the arms, it is possible that one of the nerves (ulnar nerve) gets irritated during the treatment.  When this occurs, some numbness and/or weakness of the small and ring fingers is possible.  This issue should resolve completely over time.  Be sure your treating physician is aware of your problem so that your progress can be monitored.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Numbness in fingers

Sorry for your condition. While temporary loss of sensation in the area treated is not uncommon, the loss of sensation in other areas have not been documented. Consult with your treating physician. If he or she is not helpful, consult with your primary physician.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Numbness afte Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting is a great treatment to reduce the fat in a given area.  I have not heard any reports of permanent numbness.  I would consult your treating physician for advice.  Please let me know how you are doing.

Is numbness in fingers normal after treatment?

Temporary numbness is a risk of treating arms with coolsculpting because of how the nerves traverse the area. If it persists, you should contact your doctor.

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Numbness after CoolSculpting

I am sorry to hear that you have numbness after CoolSculpting you have asked in excellent question regarding numbness.  This phenomenon is not uncommon when cool sculpting is performed in other areas.  It has always resolved.  I would expect your numbness should fully resolve.  Please let us know how you do.  Best of luck!

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

It is possible that a nerve in your arm was irritated during the coolsculpting process and as a side effect, you are feeling numbness in your fingers. Luckily, this will most likely revise itself and go away on its own, though I would mention it to your treating doctor. 

Cool Sculpting

Numbness and tingling in the treatment area can be felt after cool Sculpting.  This treatment has irritated nerves deeper than the skin.  Do you have photos you could post to help us understand your arm size?