Just wondering do you require a urinary catheter during or after a breast masoplasty surgery?

The need for Urinary catheters

Thank you for your question. Generally, catheters not needed for breast mastopexy/lift procedures as these are typically a couple hours in length. For longer operations, it is helpful/comfortable for the patient to have and so the surgeon/anesthesiologist don't get wet.
Best,Benjamin J. Cousins MDBoard Certified Plastic Surgeon

Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Urinary catheter

Generally not needed for procedures like a mastopexy.  It really depends on the length of the anesthetic required.

David A. Lickstein, MD
Palm Beach Gardens Plastic Surgeon

I do not normally recommend a catheter for Mastopexy procedures.  I would discuss this with your surgeon.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon